Sign in to follow this  
StoneC0ld

Default Grumman Goose problem

For some reason, my left engine sounds like it's at full throttle, no matter what throttle setting I'm at. According to the gauges, it's actually operating normally and responding normally to throttle inputs, but the sound is a constant full-throttle roar and is very distracting... The right engine works and sounds correctly albeit maybe a bit quiet...Any ideas?

StoneC0ld_zps439869f4.png

Declared weather:  FSX: ASN / FS9: ASE

I get what sounds like a cruising throttle engine sound after starting and then have to go to full throttle for a few seconds to get rid of the sound and everything then sounds normal. Somethilng is definitely not right.

Art

I stumbled accidentally about this old thread. Maybe you have already figured out how to fix your problem. If not here is how to do it1) Open the Sound.cfg of the Grumman Goose 2) go to the 1.03 combustion section for the left engine [COMBUSTION.1.03] 3) change the line filename=GGoos_RPM04_Righttofilename=GGoos_RPM04_LeftBe careful there are 8 combustion sections in total. The one to change is 1.03That's it. Seems someone at MS made a typo.Wolfgang

I stumbled accidentally about this old thread. Maybe you have already figured out how to fix your problem. If not here is how to do it1) Open the Sound.cfg of the Grumman Goose 2) go to the 1.03 combustion section for the left engine [COMBUSTION.1.03] 3) change the line filename=GGoos_RPM04_Righttofilename=GGoos_RPM04_LeftBe careful there are 8 combustion sections in total. The one to change is 1.03That's it. Seems someone at MS made a typo.Wolfgang
Many thanks for posting this... I'd missed that in my own tinkering with the Goose sounds over the years ! :( GaryGB

I have what is probably a rather basic question. When I try to exit and save the change, I get a message saying that it can't be saved and that I should check the path. Any ideas what I need to do, or what I'm doing wrong?Thanks,Jim H.Windows Vista Premium 64FSX with Acceleration

I have what is probably a rather basic question. When I try to exit and save the change, I get a message saying that it can't be saved and that I should check the path. Any ideas what I need to do, or what I'm doing wrong?Thanks,Jim H.Windows Vista Premium 64FSX with Acceleration
Jim, I guess you try to save the changes with "save as.." instead just with "save".Follow these steps:1) open the sound.cfg by double clicking on it (it should be opened by the Editor)2) then make the changes as explained in my other post3) when finished with the changes click "save" (not "save as...") on the menu bar on top of the Editor and close the Editor afterThis should workWolfgang