Sign in to follow this  
jjjallen

How long does it take for FSX to load?

My new system loads FSX in around 30secs. Is that a good time? It feels good compared to my last setup. Most of the required addons and a pretty fast SSD. My main plane is the PMDG Bae 4100 loading in that time also. I guess that it is a pretty complicated bird. Buy it if you don't already have it.jja

Jim Allen
support@skypilot.biz
SkyPilot Software home of FSXAssist / P3DAssist

LionheartVictoryBanner02s-369x97.png

That's an excellent time. As you get more add-ons, it slows down and can sometimes take several minutes to load, depending on the scenery and planes you have installed.

Lose not thine airspeed, lest the ground rise up and smite thee.

The first start she takes around a minute, but all subsequent starts are 26 seconds. Gamebooster, TrackIR.

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

The first start she takes around a minute, but all subsequent starts are 26 seconds. Gamebooster, TrackIR.
Yea I forgot that it does take longer the first time. jja

Jim Allen
support@skypilot.biz

Wow, my heavily loaded FSX install plus addons takes about 5-10 minutes to get started.... if I start from a fresh boot and am also loading my vatsim programs.... firefox for charts/weather, squawkbox, vatspy etc

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Around 3 minutes on my sistem:CPU: AMD X2 5600+ 2.8Ghz, VGA: Gforce 8600GT 512MB, 3GB DDR2, HDD 320GB SATA2 16Mb cache.FSX installation date is April 17, 2008 and during this time, he had many addons.@ryanbatcund #####, 5-10 minutes on your sistem, with a Raptor HDD :(

Around 3 minutes on my sistem:CPU: AMD X2 5600+ 2.8Ghz, VGA: Gforce 8600GT 512MB, 3GB DDR2, HDD 320GB SATA2 16Mb cache.FSX installation date is April 17, 2008 and during this time, he had many addons.@ryanbatcund #####, 5-10 minutes on your sistem, with a Raptor HDD :(
Just think how much faster an SSD can find and load all those textures.jja

Jim Allen
support@skypilot.biz

Guest Tingoose

I don't know . . . . FSX isn't worth the wait LOL!

It is to me. I love it.

Lose not thine airspeed, lest the ground rise up and smite thee.

I once thought that. Then I set myself up as per my sig. Now I realise I was mistaken.For me the load takes about 25 seconds too long. :(

Regards,

Max    

(YSSY)

i7-12700K | Corsair PC4-28700 DDR4 32Gb | Gigabyte RTX4090 24Gb | Gigabyte Z690 AORUS ELITE DDR4 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Guest Tingoose

Couldn't resist a bit of light hearted provocation. That FS9 v FSX debate hasn't yet gone away, despite what some predicted a few months after FSX was released.