Sign in to follow this  
Guest FSRules

Controller Help

Guest FSRules

Hey guys, I've just created an account with AVSIM forums. I've got a problem with the controls in Flight Simulator 2004. Whenever I try turning left or right on the ground/taxiway, the plane doesn't turn. However, when I'm on the air, the controls are fine. What's the problem and how can I fix it? This problem applies to all aircraft including the default ones. I've tried changing the controls and some other stuff, but the problem still persists.

Which controls are you using?Is this a keyboard or joystick?Ground movement is controlled by the rudder not ailerons.

Clarke Kruger - CYEG 

I beleive if you want you can go in options, check "autorudder" and you will turn on the ground and in the air without rudder pedals.

Intel I7 12700KF / 32 GB Ram-3600mhz / Windows 11 - 64 bit / NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060TI / 32" Acer Monitor, Honeycomb alpha/bravo, CH rudder pedals, Tobii 5, Buttkicker, Logitech radio panel. 

To expand on the post just above a bit, you need a joystick that is capable of left / right twist. That controls rudder and ground steering. If your joystick has this capability then the problem would be in its setup. If your joystick does not "twist" then you will have to ground steer using the keyboard ( a pain in the pants! ). Let us know and we will go from there.regards,Mel

Guest FSRules
Which controls are you using?Is this a keyboard or joystick?Ground movement is controlled by the rudder not ailerons.
I've used both and it doesn't work. Before the problem I've only needed to turn left and right with the keyboard and it turns. When the problem hits, turning left and right doesn't work.
I beleive if you want you can go in options, check "autorudder" and you will turn on the ground and in the air without rudder pedals.
where's the autorudder function? I've never used that before... Yes I'm still a flying newbie.

I've used both and it doesn't work. Before the problem I've only needed to turn left and right with the keyboard and it turns. When the problem hits, turning left and right doesn't work.where's the autorudder function? I've never used that before... Yes I'm still a flying newbie.
I am pretty sure if you go under the "aircraft" tab on the menu bar and then go under "realism" it should be there

Intel I7 12700KF / 32 GB Ram-3600mhz / Windows 11 - 64 bit / NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060TI / 32" Acer Monitor, Honeycomb alpha/bravo, CH rudder pedals, Tobii 5, Buttkicker, Logitech radio panel. 

Guest FSRules
I am pretty sure if you go under the "aircraft" tab on the menu bar and then go under "realism" it should be there
Hey, I turned autorudder on and I can turn again. Thanks for the help.

Hey, I turned autorudder on and I can turn again. Thanks for the help.
Glad I could help and glad you got it sorted out. now go enjoy this addiction.