Sign in to follow this  
Steven_Caffey

J41 & Airac

Hello, Sorry if this has been answered before, didn't see the answer in a search. I just got the J41 and love it, and want to get updated FMS data. Does the Navigraph data work with the J41? Thanks,

Steve Caffey

Hi StevenWelcome to the forum, and the Jetstream.Yes the Navigraph AIRAC updates do work with the J41, just download the PMDG AIRAC, which works for all the PMDG products, the thing that may throw you (I know it did me the first time) is that when updating your AIRAC the FMS screen on start up shows a number that is very similar to an AIRAC cycle release number, but obviously it does not agree with the AIRAC cycle that you would have just updated, it does not mean that you AIRAC cycle has not been updated, It is just one of those coincidences that the number is very similar to the Navigraph release numbers.Take care, and have fun with the J41, I know I do.Jim Hodkinson

I was just on the navigraph website and could not find any PMDG package. The only one I could find was the one at the bottom of the page and this was very outdated and did not contain TPs.Where do i get the updated nav data for the j41. any help would be appreciated.

Hi StevenWelcome to the forum, and the Jetstream.Yes the Navigraph AIRAC updates do work with the J41, just download the PMDG AIRAC, which works for all the PMDG products, the thing that may throw you (I know it did me the first time) is that when updating your AIRAC the FMS screen on start up shows a number that is very similar to an AIRAC cycle release number, but obviously it does not agree with the AIRAC cycle that you would have just updated, it does not mean that you AIRAC cycle has not been updated, It is just one of those coincidences that the number is very similar to the Navigraph release numbers.Take care, and have fun with the J41, I know I do.Jim Hodkinson
Thanks Jim! It is a blast to fly, definitely a challenge too. Thanks also for that tip, I would notice that and get confused.. :(
I was just on the navigraph website and could not find any PMDG package. The only one I could find was the one at the bottom of the page and this was very outdated and did not contain TPs.Where do i get the updated nav data for the j41. any help would be appreciated.
It's the one about half way down, it says "PMDG (all products)" The one at the bottom (which I didn't see before.. oops) is apparently a compatability test with no TPs

Steve Caffey

Hi StevenTry the link below, it should take you straight to the page with the PMDG navdata download, it is located roughly at the middle of the list, and this does have the terminal data included.Here you go..http://www.navigraph.com/www/fmsdata.aspI hope it helps.Jim HodkinsonEDITWas it the 0609 AIRAC that you were trying to download, or did you want the latest version 1002, which you would have to purchase either through Navigraph or SimMarket.

Hi StevenTry the link below, it should take you straight to the page with the PMDG navdata download, it is located roughly at the middle of the list, and this does have the terminal data included.Here you go..http://www.navigraph.com/www/fmsdata.aspI hope it helps.Jim HodkinsonEDITWas it the 0609 AIRAC that you were trying to download, or did you want the latest version 1002, which you would have to purchase either through Navigraph or SimMarket.
I got it ok, I was explaining for the other guy :)

Steve Caffey

Hi StevenMy apologies for both the late reply and the confusion, I really will have to concentrate more during these late night / early morning sessions.Jim Hodkinson

Hi StevenMy apologies for both the late reply and the confusion, I really will have to concentrate more during these late night / early morning sessions.Jim Hodkinson
No worries, I know you put a lot of love and time into this, I've seen your great repaints :(

Steve Caffey

Hi StevenThank you for both the understanding of my lapses in nighttime concentration, and for the complement, it is appreciated.Jim Hodkinson

Although it was mentioned above that the current navigraph airac cycles have to be purchased, I don't think it was made clearly...You need to purchase credits, whcih can be obtained in packages either at simmarket or directly form the navigraph site. An AIRAC cycle costs 20 credits in single month package, which approximates to around 2 Euro, depending on the credits package you end up getting.When you download a cycle, 20 credits will be deducted from your navigraph account, but you will be able to download that cycle packaged for any of the supported aircraft. So, if you have PMDG, LDS, Flight1, and so on aircraft, you only pay 20 credits per cycle, and not 20 credits per package download...Andrew

Guest SK8TRBOI747

Yeah, I'm fanatic about having the latest FMS data loaded - and I think it's a decent value as the one download works on all 3.5 PMDG aircraft I own (the 747-8i is the 'half' :( )I also value the Polar Charts and ILS plates for some real oddball airports that I can't find anywhere else. They do a great job on getting plates for foreign airports. DON'T bother with the US airport plates as they can be easily found for free on the FAA website.I've never had any issues with the Navigraph stuff - works great!Cheers!

When installing the 1011 PMDG AIRAC today I noticed the J41 isn't listed, only the 737, 747 and the MD11 but despite this you're saying that J41's nav data indeed also is updated?

Richard Åsberg

All FSX PMDG aircraft use exactly the same navdata and sidstar files. There are not separate files for different aircraft yet.

Dan Downs KCRP

There are not separate files for different aircraft yet.
And hopefully there never will be. @Richard:The main FMS data page for Navigraph says "PMDG (all products)" but if the installer still says individual aircraft, maybe drop them a post on their forum Richard. It might help clear up any future misconceptions. Especially when I believe us to be at the eve of many new PMDG's (in the future sense of the word).

i9 10920x @ 4.8 ~ MSI Creator x299 ~ 256 Gb 3600 G.Skill Trident Z Royal ~ EVGA RTX 3090ti ~ Sim drive = M.2  2-TB ~ OS drive = M.2 is 512-gb ~ 5 other Samsung Pro/Evo mix SSD's ~ EVGA 1600w ~ Win 10 Pro

Dan Prunier

OK, thanks for the input guys and as you say might be a good idea to drop a note about this over at Navigraph.

Richard Åsberg