Sign in to follow this  
raymar

Hey Carenado - how is the new Bonanza progressing?

That's all.R
Anyone id this panel?79_BonanzaV35B_snD-10179_p.jpg

When Pigs Fly . Ray Marshall .

Almost like looking up her dress. She's a real looker. :( 9.jpgR

Guest TBayBoy

I was looking forward to her, but looks like a VCockpit only model, and with my eyesight VC's just don't work :-(

I was looking forward to her, but looks like a VCockpit only model, and with my eyesight VC's just don't work :-(
And how do you conclude it will be a VC only? You know the RealAir Duke is a VC only but they use a series of really easy to use close up views with a nifty Right Click/Left Click multiple hot spot method of getting around the cockpit quickly . . . . and they are all new, very bright 3d gauges. So I wouldn't be too quick to write off a new VC panel, if that is indeed what we will be looking at.Heck, we haven't seen anything yet. But, maybe . . . .RDuke VC gauges, how does your eyesight see these?DukeGauges.jpg

And how do you conclude it will be a VC only?Pretty safe observation since their last 4 releases haven't a 2D panel...

Guest TBayBoy
And how do you conclude it will be a VC only?Pretty safe observation since their last 4 releases haven't a 2D panel...
Yup!!

Yup!!
And in the name of progress! Tell me again, what was 2d? Oh yeah, those were the good ole days when you couldn't easily view out to the sides or up or down, nothing in 3d, I remember now. Kinda like the '95 or '98 MSFS versions.You know, popups are alive and well this days. Matter of fact, they are present in lots of the new packages. One advantage, I like is that you can size or resize the guages quite easily to help us old farts with failing eyesight. I have a popup for almost all my airspeed indiators, directional gyros, autopilots, gps, flaps, heck, just about anything that I use that I can't see well. My monitor is 30 inches from my eyeballs, which is a bit further away than the real panels in the real planes. But, at the end of the day it is still a simulation. The biggest difference I have noticed lately is that when you land gear up in the real world, it takes full power to taxi. In FSX, when I land gear up, I just lower the gear and the plane pops up and is ready to taxi with normal power. And somehow the prop and engine are not damaged - Neat.Have a nice day.R

Looking forward to a few panel shots! This is a definite buy when it's released. Oh, and I demand a good VC, don't ever use a 2d unless absolutely necessary.

Looking good! I just hope that the V-Tail version follows soon after, because I have no real interest in the normal tailed Bonanza.

Looking good! I just hope that the V-Tail version follows soon after, because I have no real interest in the normal tailed Bonanza.
Can you tell the difference without a mirror? Do you have the p35 version now?I like it a lot, while waiting for . . . .v-tail.jpg

Can you tell the difference without a mirror?
Yes, because I love making videos and screenshots and for those I need an exterior that appeals to me. The normal Bonanza just looks boring while the V-tail is absolutely unique. Apart from that the flight model should be somewhat different.
Do you have the p35 version now?I like it a lot, while waiting for . . . .
I've tried it but I didn't like it. I'm spoiled by payware aircraft and those very basic freeware visuals just don't cut it for me anymore. Also I don't really trust the flight model of freeware aircraft. ;)

Yes, because I love making videos and screenshots and for those I need an exterior that appeals to me. The normal Bonanza just looks boring while the V-tail is absolutely unique. Apart from that the flight model should be somewhat different.I've tried it but I didn't like it. I'm spoiled by payware aircraft and those very basic freeware visuals just don't cut it for me anymore. Also I don't really trust the flight model of freeware aircraft. ;)
Interesting. About the only difference I noticed was $30.00. But, I am eagerly awaiting the "huge leap in the simulation area bringing new experience to simmers." in the 2nd quarter of 2010.Ray

Interesting. About the only difference I noticed was $30.00. But, I am eagerly awaiting the "huge leap in the simulation area bringing new experience to simmers." in the 2nd quarter of 2010.Ray
I am with Jigsaw..For me the best Bonanza is still the Debonair I and a few others did for fs2002/04..of course since it was a recreation of my plane it would feel more real to me.. :( I am looking forward to this release.