Sign in to follow this  
Guest V4DIV-CVN-70

Shimmering Taxiway Lines

Guest V4DIV-CVN-70

Hello allWhile I cannot complain about the overall performance I get with my q9400 & 8800 Video card, I do have one thing that bugs e alot. when taxing around the airport I notice the taxiway lines out infront off my a few feet shimmer. Is there a setting in FSX or Nhancer that could lessen this?Gary

Guest V4DIV-CVN-70
Turn off DX10 preview.
I dont think I have DX10 Preview on.........I have never messed with that....where is it?

DX10 preview is in the main display options page, but if its not on maybe you have some antialiasing or texture filtering settings that are causing the shimmer. I'm sure an Nvidia user could post some tips about their setup.

Shimmering can sometimes be a result of mipmap settings.Try adding this to your fsx.cfg display settingsMipBias=55 or 6 is generaly about right but can be anywhere betwen 1 and 8 depending onyour system.IAN

Ryzen 5800X3D, Nvidia 3080 - 32 Gig DDR4 RAM, 1TB & 2 TB NVME drives - Windows 11 64 bit MSFS 2020 Premium Deluxe Edition Resolution 2560 x 1440 (32 inch curved monitor)

Guest UlfB
Hello allWhile I cannot complain about the overall performance I get with my q9400 & 8800 Video card, I do have one thing that bugs e alot. when taxing around the airport I notice the taxiway lines out infront off my a few feet shimmer. Is there a setting in FSX or Nhancer that could lessen this?Gary
OP is running WinXP (see the sig) so no DX10 available.

Guest firehawk44
I have been able to eliminate shimmering or reduce it by changing Texture filtering - Negative LOD bias from the default of Allow to 'Clamp' in your Nvidia display driver settings. This has helped some others too. I do not have Nhancer so not sure if this option is available there. The other thing you might want to look at is whether there was an AFCAD made for this airport that is overriding the FSX default. For instance, I have the AI program MyTrafficX and it includes it's own AFCAD's for several airports to make it compatible with the AI program. If I see a conflict, I simply go into the MyTrafficX folder and rename the AFCAD for that airport and any anomalies are fixed.Best regards,Jim

Guest fuqiraq

Jim, I have several beavers parked in ga parking at ksea. are you saying i can fix this by changing the name of the AFCAD? If so what do I change it to?

I have been able to eliminate shimmering or reduce it by changing Texture filtering - Negative LOD bias from the default of Allow to 'Clamp' in your Nvidia display driver settings. This has helped some others too. I do not have Nhancer so not sure if this option is available there. The other thing you might want to look at is whether there was an AFCAD made for this airport that is overriding the FSX default. For instance, I have the AI program MyTrafficX and it includes it's own AFCAD's for several airports to make it compatible with the AI program. If I see a conflict, I simply go into the MyTrafficX folder and rename the AFCAD for that airport and any anomalies are fixed.Best regards,Jim

Guest firehawk44
Jim, I have several beavers parked in ga parking at ksea. are you saying i can fix this by changing the name of the AFCAD? If so what do I change it to?
I assume you have MyTrafficX? If not, I'm not sure about any of the other AI programs. But if you have the MyTrafficX, open up the MyTraffic/Scenery folder and look for BR2_KSEA.BGL. Just rename the extension from .BGL to .ORIG or .OLD. That way, if this "fix" doesn't work, you can go back and rename it with the .bgl extension. Other AI programs may work similarly and you'll just have to look for a scenery subfolder. Hope this helps.Best regards,Jim

Guest fuqiraq

ok thanks! I will give it a shot. Oh, sorry I forgot to mention I have Trafficx not My Traffic x. But I will try it anyway.

I assume you have MyTrafficX? If not, I'm not sure about any of the other AI programs. But if you have the MyTrafficX, open up the MyTraffic/Scenery folder and look for BR2_KSEA.BGL. Just rename the extension from .BGL to .ORIG or .OLD. That way, if this "fix" doesn't work, you can go back and rename it with the .bgl extension. Other AI programs may work similarly and you'll just have to look for a scenery subfolder. Hope this helps.Best regards,Jim