Sign in to follow this  
ejoiner

rex fs9 user question

I love REX, but so far with experimentation, I am still not happy with my dawn textures. I have been doing a lot of transatlantic eastbound flying lately and flying in over England at dawn for arrival at Gatwick/Heathrow/Stansted hasnt really looked like what I know it looks like from my own several trips to the UK for business. If any UK residents or European simmers have a REX 'recommendation' for a dawn texture that looks like Europe to you, I would appreciate the input. Im happy with my sky textures otherwise. edetroit I know has said he uses another 3rd party set of dawn textures. Im cool with a hybrid solution as well. I dont change these once I have them tweaked.Thanks in advanceEric

rexesssig.jpg AND ftx_supporter_avsim.jpg

Eric, if you can't find any you like in REX, find some reference photos on the net that you would like to see in-game, and if you would like, I will custom make a set to match as close as possible.

Tim Fuchs
Managing Partner
REX SIMULATIONS 

support www.rexaxis.com

Eric, if you can't find any you like in REX, find some reference photos on the net that you would like to see in-game, and if you would like, I will custom make a set to match as close as possible.
That's customer service and ensured customer satisfaction at it's best right there ladies and gentlemen!

What a very kind offer! Now thats some customer service. I will take you up on this.Here are a couple that I think look great. All are North Europe dawn pictures.http://static.panoramio.com/photos/original/26191274.jpghttp://uptowndowntownnyc.files.wordpress.c...man-sunrise.jpgeric(ejoiner2 at gmail.com)

Hi Eric,Thank you for the pics. I have to attend my fathers 87th birthday celebration this evening, and tomorrow is a day with the woman ;) so I will get on this asap for you.Cheers sir! Tim

Tim Fuchs
Managing Partner
REX SIMULATIONS 

support www.rexaxis.com

Hi Eric,Thank you for the pics. I have to attend my fathers 87th birthday celebration this evening, and tomorrow is a day with the woman ;) so I will get on this asap for you.Cheers sir! Tim
Tim thanks so much. No hurry. email or PM me as needed. ejoiner2 at gmail.com

Tim thanks so much. No hurry. email or PM me as needed. ejoiner2 at gmail.com
Eric, here is how the post-dawn is turning out. Notice I superimposed an in-game screenshot over your supplied reference photo. The shot is not touched in any way other than placing it over yours to show how they match up. It's not perfect, but very close.I will finesse some more, then work on the dawn textures.

Tim Fuchs
Managing Partner
REX SIMULATIONS 

support www.rexaxis.com

Now that is what I call support!.....fantastic! :(I have my copy of REX2004, every FS9 home should have one. :(
Yep. Tim emailed me the new textures today and they are GREAT! They should be included in REX as an option. "North European Dawn" Thats exactly what it looks like at Schipol airport at early morning. :(

After seeing what transpired here, I am going to get my copy of rex for fs9.Just outstanding Tim. :(

Intel I7 12700KF / 32 GB Ram-3600mhz / Windows 11 - 64 bit / NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060TI / 32" Acer Monitor, Honeycomb alpha/bravo, CH rudder pedals, Tobii 5, Buttkicker, Logitech radio panel. 

Those who have been using FSX's version since it came out knew that this type of service excisted a long time ago. I'm so glad to see that fs9 users can experience this amazing add-on too.

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

oh no,at schiphol !I live in the Netherlands!Tim,can you put those textures in with the next servicepack,or is it a nono because of using somebody else's artwork,or something?[ I would understand,honestly]congrats on a great avsim review and award as well,well deserved!JP.