Sign in to follow this  
yankeegolf3

how to disable default airports

hi,I fly over photoscenery only. I have noticed that default airports and photoscenery airports can be a few yards away. Is it possible to disable the default airports on a one by one basis? I would like to remove some default airports and hope that by doing so I woud get rid of the plateau effect. Thanks

hi,I fly over photoscenery only. I have noticed that default airports and photoscenery airports can be a few yards away. Is it possible to disable the default airports on a one by one basis? I would like to remove some default airports and hope that by doing so I woud get rid of the plateau effect. Thanks
You can hide the presence of these airports or you could move the features to match the photo scenery. Is this for FS9 or FSX?

oups I should have mentionned that I fly FSX. I thought there were no differences. I want to hide the default airport
There are certainly differences! To hide an airport you need to load the stock airport into a design tool and delete everything. If you also want to remove the buildings then you need to delete them as well. For example in ADE - load the stock airport - delete all the items that are visible on the screen - this will leave only the Airport Reference Point. Compile the airport saving the compiled bgl file into Addon Scenery\scenery. The displayed airport should then be gone. This will not remove the airport from the airport list in FSX. Also you need to be aware that AI aircraft may still try to land at the airports you remove!

hi,Thank you for replying. I will give ADE a try. Will it remove the plateau effect?Thanks
That depends on what is causing it. If the airport is set at a difference altitude than the surrounding ground then you may need to change the airport altitude to align the airport. ADE has a method to do this which is in the Tools Menu. You should read the manual about altitude changes for airports. Remove all the airport elements first as described above and see if that fixes things.

That depends on what is causing it. If the airport is set at a difference altitude than the surrounding ground then you may need to change the airport altitude to align the airport. ADE has a method to do this which is in the Tools Menu. You should read the manual about altitude changes for airports. Remove all the airport elements first as described above and see if that fixes things.
To remove the plateau, you will need to create an exclusion polygon for the airport background.