Sign in to follow this  
ronzie

Did they update the flight planner in 2004?

What I mean to ask is do you still need FS Navigator? Though I don't mind paying for it I'd much rather have it built into the sim. If anyone knows and posts, thank you in advance. :)

Guest Brent Hebert

It would be nice if they would have come up with an onboard FMC for the 737, 747 and 777 so that we could do more realistic flight programming like the PIC 767.Brent Hebert

The included Garmin GPS, with all the whistles and the terrain mapping capability and the de-cluttering feature among others will give you more than you'll need. Now I don't make a flight without it, even on the shortest of legs, and it is a pleasure to operate.A flight plan that you make in COF flight planner is automatically loaded up in the Garmin and ready to use.

Guest CargoMun

Definatel still gonna be using FSNavigator. I cant believe they still havent managed to put in the ILS capture height in feet that FSNav has :-eek :-roll

Guest Joshieca

>Definatel still gonna be using FSNavigator. >I cant believe they still havent managed to put in the ILS>capture height in feet that FSNav has :-eek :-rollI can....MS hasn't even used the proper departure and approach vectors yet. If you fly IFR and load your departure and approach's into the GPS the vectors are different from the vectors which ATC gives you.It would great if someone would come out with a "vector corrector" program that you could go in and correct the vectors which ATC gives for departure and approach....but I have the feeling that they are buried somewhere deep in the ATC engine. :([div align=center][link:www.jetdoc.com/STO/]Visit The Bookstore & Gift Shoppe][/b

I was under the impression that unless you enter SID or STAR points into a plan, and even if they are, ATC can vector you starting at a certain distance any way they wish including deviation to acommodate the immediate traffic environment. The only way to avoid this is to request an IAP and have your plan take you to the IAF or in the case of departure to the first applicable intersection.