Sign in to follow this  
batchelork

Virtual Cockpit and external Views gone grazy

This only started this moring. I was flying a default Cessna 172. I switched to external view and the view gently moved to a top down view. If I changed view with my hat switch to a different view the moment a released the hat switch the view just went back to a top down view.In the virtual cockpit the view is up looking at the cockpit roof. If I use the hat switch to look at the panel (or anywhere else) as soon as I release the switch it move to look up at the roof. If I change a/c same problem. 2D panel OK.So I have checked all button assigments both in FSX and FSUIPC. All appeare OK. Next I deleted the FSX config file. Started up FSX and all OK, But only for a short while. I can't remember doing anything specific but the problem just came back. Stopped and restarted FSX, but problem still there.HELP please what is going on????

Both VC and outside view changes normally occur when you press tophat UP.Confirm a tophat/joystick problem by disabling stick with Control + KIf USB connected joystick/yoke, unplug, then plug back in; test.If not fixed, RECALIBRATE device.If still not fixed, tophat is probably failing; disable tophat panning (in control settings) until replaced.Every now and then I get such an issue with "stick left" and I can only turn left and MORE left. Unplugging and re-plugging in usually fixes immediately.Loyd

Try re-installing FSUIPC.
I 'think' it's fixed. I deleted the fsuips.ini and let it rebuild, seems to have fixed the problem. I will give it another try later. Thanks for the help guys.