Sign in to follow this  
spilok

Megascenery Earth.....a question.

I am ready to buy MegaScenery Earth's Grand Canyon scenery. Tell me...Do you need to do anything special or buy any kind of "base pack" for MegaScenery Earth before you use an addon like the Grand Canyon? Or is that all you have to buy? I would love to see the Grand Canyon as MegaScenery Earth shows it pictured in their advertisement.Please comment if you have this.Stan

Just buy it and install it.They're huge files and will take a while to download if you have a slow connection.I got the DVD cause my connection sucks.I have Dallas/Ft Worth (Original Megascenery) and Central California (MegasceneryEarth).I only have two problems with Megascenery.1. Since it's photoscenery, it appears flat while sitting on the ground.You must climb to at least 1500ft to see anything.2. You get only one season (mostly spring when the picture was taken). DFW and Central California both look more brown and desert like than during most parts of the year.The Grand Canyon should be a great add-on since it's mostly dirt and rock and seasonal changes don't affect it as much as other areas.

Guest firehawk44
I am ready to buy MegaScenery Earth's Grand Canyon scenery. Tell me...Do you need to do anything special or buy any kind of "base pack" for MegaScenery Earth before you use an addon like the Grand Canyon? Or is that all you have to buy? I would love to see the Grand Canyon as MegaScenery Earth shows it pictured in their advertisement.Please comment if you have this.Stan
I have the product Stan if you're talking about MegaEarth's photoscenery. I didn't see a MegaScenery Grand Canyon product. A great product for the price and the pictures on the website accurately depict the scenery. Nothing more to add than just download the files and fly (large files but I think I got them in less than 30 minutes as I have a fast connection and I got them when Internet traffic was down. The install program automatically installs them into your Scenery.cfg. MegaScenery Las Vegas and MegaScenery Phoenix would be great additions.Best regards,Jim

I don't have it but I have the Tucson area. All you do is download and install. Not bad for the price.You can get it here still for $7.99 http://www.flightsimdealoftheday.com/home.php as a "last chance promo".

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Great news. Download is done...and I should be flying over the Canyon tonight!Stan

Stan,Wished I would have seen this thread earlier. If all you were wanting was Grand Canyon photoscenery, you could have saved money.Go to the OzX site and download their FREE Grand Canyon photoscenery package. It's much better than the MegaScenery Earth Grand Canyon. Has a completely redone KGCN airport that comes with it, and it's own 5-meter terrain mesh made by Holger that covers the entire Grand Canyon . I have the entire MegaScenery Earth Arizona state package, but I still have the OzX Grand Canyon installed at a higher priority in the FSX Scenery Library. It is just THAT much better...and it blends in well with the MegaScenery Earth Arizona photoscenery borders, too.Rick

Rick Ryan

Stan,Wished I would have seen this thread earlier. If all you were wanting was Grand Canyon photoscenery, you could have saved money.Go to the OzX site and download their FREE Grand Canyon photoscenery package. It's much better than the MegaScenery Earth Grand Canyon. Has a completely redone KGCN airport that comes with it, and it's own 5-meter terrain mesh made by Holger that covers the entire Grand Canyon . I have the entire MegaScenery Earth Arizona state package, but I still have the OzX Grand Canyon installed at a higher priority in the FSX Scenery Library. It is just THAT much better...and it blends in well with the MegaScenery Earth Arizona photoscenery borders, too.Rick
I wish you'd have seen this thread earlier too. Thanks for the heads up. I'm going to the OzX site to check it out.Stan