Sign in to follow this  
jjjallen

UT Alaska

I really like it. It can be frame rate heavy in the cities, but it has a terrific setup tool which will allow to modify almost everything in the program, and tune it to your desires and specifications. It does the towns and cities really well. I particularly like what it does with Ketchikan. It also works very well with TongassX if you have that. KetchikanMerrill at nightThe docks at Homer with glacier in the distance

Lose not thine airspeed, lest the ground rise up and smite thee.

Cool, thanks for the pics.The street lighting looks better. Does the new config tool affect UTX Canada and UTX USA?I'm going to get FTX PNW also.jja

Jim Allen
support@skypilot.biz
SkyPilot Software home of FSXAssist / P3DAssist

LionheartVictoryBanner02s-369x97.png

UTX, in my opiinion, is a must-have for FSX. It's real strength is in waterclass, shorelines and roads. The changes to urban landclass are good, but I don't know why they don't pay more attention to landclass around airports. I don't like taxiing to the runway and seeing tall buildings all around me when the real airport is surrounded by pastures. The setup tool warns you about framerate hits for features such as 3D street lighting and residential streets. With all of the updates, road traffic needs to be kept at not more than 10% due to the traffic added by UTX.

Art

BTW, I did give UTA a try today and so far I like it. I don't think that it was related to the install, but I ended up resetting the FSX.cfg because of heavy stutters. I believe that this was due to an invalid fsx.cfg setting but I noticed it right after I installed UTA.So I like how UTA raises the reality bar from the FSX default. I think PAJN looks much more realistic and what do you know, cars really don't drive up and down canyon type walls in Juneau. Also, runway markings are not spastic in DX10 mode.Fortunately, Palin has not been modeled. :( jja

Jim Allen
support@skypilot.biz
SkyPilot Software home of FSXAssist / P3DAssist

LionheartVictoryBanner02s-369x97.png

Cool, thanks for the pics.The street lighting looks better. Does the new config tool affect UTX Canada and UTX USA?I'm going to get FTX PNW also.jja
That's a good question that I don't know the answer to because I don't have the others.

Lose not thine airspeed, lest the ground rise up and smite thee.

Fortunately, Palin has not been modeled. :( jja
Bummer, that was my main reason for getting it. :( nice shots Syd, makes me long for MistyX

Best, Michael

KDFW

The street lighting looks better.
The street lighting object technology is the same as previous UTX products.
Does the new config tool affect UTX Canada and UTX USA?
Just like in previous UTX Setup Tools there are elements controlled by the tools which are global across all UTX products e.g. road surface colours and FS9 style wave effects. The new features pioneered in Ultimate Alaska X like the urban housing objects are unique to this product so far.Jeff

AVSimSig.jpg