Sign in to follow this  
Guest FSRules

Active Radar on AS6.5

Guest FSRules

I have Active Sky 6.5, and awesome weather program. I would really like it if I knew where the Active Radar feature is on AS6.5. I've looked around for some time, but couldn't find it.

I have Active Sky 6.5, and awesome weather program. I would really like it if I knew where the Active Radar feature is on AS6.5. I've looked around for some time, but couldn't find it.
I've had it disabled for some time because it played heck with my framerates. However, as I recall, it appears on the FS9 menu bar since it is a module and not a gauge...DJ

hello,I think if you go under the flights section in the menu bar it might be the last one in the drop down menu.I also do not use it much,Why im not sure, I should use it as it is there and very easy to bring up.

Intel I7 12700KF / 32 GB Ram-3600mhz / Windows 11 - 64 bit / NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060TI / 32" Acer Monitor, Honeycomb alpha/bravo, CH rudder pedals, Tobii 5, Buttkicker, Logitech radio panel. 

Guest FSRules

Ok, I found Active Radar (thanks for helping me find it), but sometimes the radar doesn't show clouds at certain locations, like Jakarta and yet there's lots of clouds there. Is that normal?

Ok, I found Active Radar (thanks for helping me find it), but sometimes the radar doesn't show clouds at certain locations, like Jakarta and yet there's lots of clouds there. Is that normal?
Im not too sure but i dont think it will show clouds, only precipitation

Intel I7 12700KF / 32 GB Ram-3600mhz / Windows 11 - 64 bit / NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060TI / 32" Acer Monitor, Honeycomb alpha/bravo, CH rudder pedals, Tobii 5, Buttkicker, Logitech radio panel. 

Hi,Yes, perfectly normal as stated in the post above this!

Guest FSRules

Well if that's the case, then is there another nice radar program I can use to keep track of cloud density? I don't want to have to change tabs to see the weather from Activesky.Thanks.

Well if that's the case, then is there another nice radar program I can use to keep track of cloud density? I don't want to have to change tabs to see the weather from Activesky.Thanks.
None of the existing 'radars' are particularly accurate with regard to cloud density. Real radars aren't either. Clouds are only seen on real world radars when the water droplets within them reach certain size thresholds that are reflective at radar frequencies - below that threshold you get scattering (the drops are invisible to radar because there is no return) and above certain levels you get absorption (once again, no return) - the so-called radar shadow effect that has killed more than one pilot. I'm very aware of these effects because of a number of years I spent working with weather radars of various sorts. FS can't model this correctly and so radar gauges are a very rough approximation of what you see in the sim with regard to clouds and precipitation.You might try the WX500 gauge from Reality-XP and see if its presentation meets your needs. It is available with the Flight1 wrapper and the usual 30 day money back policy if it doesn't give you what you want. It's also very easy on frame rates. Just be aware that what you see isn't neccessarily what you'll get.DJ

Just a note. I key, "Ctrl/F12" to bring up the radar then click on the small green light to turn it on. I check the wind direction mostly and then turn it off and remove it from my visable monitor. jerrycwo4 ( I checked once and it did use some FPS to leave it running, but not so much on my new computer.)

The Reality XP Sandel SN3308 EFIS will show you lightning strikes or cells, just not clouds per se.4357635123_8c03d%38%30316_o.jpgBrandon