Sign in to follow this  
rpowers

Missed waypoints

I missed a waypoint and ATC kept telling me I was off course.I've searched the forum and the advice is to choose direct to next waypoint and that it is covered in the manual.I found change destination but not go direct to next waypoint.How do I do this?Thanks,Ron

Bring back Chief Illiniwek!University of Illinois.

I missed a waypoint and ATC kept telling me I was off course.I've searched the forum and the advice is to choose direct to next waypoint and that it is covered in the manual.I found change destination but not go direct to next waypoint.How do I do this?Thanks,Ron
we should take care of the root cause first. was it a departure procedure in the plan? did you just miss an enroute checkpoint? were you flying at 4x?page 222, in one of the tutorials, www.jdtllc.com/v4/rcv43.pdfonly available in center airspaceand i'm pretty sure, you have to have the plane.jd

we should take care of the root cause first. was it a departure procedure in the plan? did you just miss an enroute checkpoint? were you flying at 4x?page 222, in one of the tutorials, www.jdtllc.com/v4/rcv43.pdfonly available in center airspaceand i'm pretty sure, you have to have the plane.jd
It was right after departure and i just missed it and didn't realize it till I decided I didn't want to turn back.I hadn't been flying IFR for awhile and was not paying close enough attention.

OK,I found it in the tutorial.I could not get that option Drt to to come up.Probably because Otto had the comms?

did you just miss an enroute checkpoint? were you flying at 4x?
I have had this occur, is it just a fact of life at 4x or is there a way of preventing it happening ??G

Gary Davies aka "Gazzareth"

Simming since 747 on the Acorn Electron

I have had this occur, is it just a fact of life at 4x or is there a way of preventing it happening ??G
there is a lot of processing that i have to do, and when you are travelling at near mach 4, i can't keep up.

there is a lot of processing that i have to do, and when you are travelling at near mach 4, i can't keep up.
Good point !!! Not a problem.. .. .. (Never thought of it like that !!)G

Gary Davies aka "Gazzareth"

Simming since 747 on the Acorn Electron

Good point !!! Not a problem.. .. .. (Never thought of it like that !!)G
If it's a long flight then accelerating to x4 should be okay providing you wait until you're at cruise and all the waypoints are more or less in a straight line. But x2 would be a better option.Setting x2 or x4 in a SID is likely to cause missed waypoints as you have discovered.I might try Concorde at x4 sometime. Mach 8 should be interesting! :(

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

I might try Concorde at x4 sometime. Mach 8 should be interesting! :(
Ludicrous Speed! Go!What was that?That was a Concorde!!! They went to plaid! :( Sorry I couldn't resist.

Scott Kalin VATSIM #1125397 - KPSP Palm Springs International Airport
Space Shuttle (SSMS2007) http://www.space-shu....com/index.html
Orbiter 2010P1 http://orbit.medphys.ucl.ac.uk/

So did Steve Martin in the film "Dead Men Wear Plaid". I'm thinking of Mach 8 here.Sorry - Could not resist either.

Ludicrous Speed! Go!What was that?That was a Concorde!!! They went to plaid! :( Sorry I couldn't resist.