Sign in to follow this  
Guest virgin234

Your all time Favourite add-ons ever?

Guest virgin234

I was just wondering what everyones favourite payware add-ons were? I know it's a dicussion had a million times but I've missed them so I wanted a good chinwag about them. Anyway here's mine from 10 to 1.10. CLS Airbus A3309. Wilco 737-300/400/5008. Captain Sim C-1307. PMDG MD-118. Captain Sim 7077. Air Simmer A3206. CLS A3005. PSS 7774. PMDG 737 600/700/800/9003. Captain Sim 7572. Level-D 767-300Which of course leaves my favourite (everyone should be able to guess):1. PMDG 747-400And I'll explain my reasoning for the #1. While I think the 767 is a slightly better looking than the 747 I love the user-friendliness of PMDG's 747 and the way they built it to help you not hinder you. This only slightly decreased the realism but made it such an enjoyable aircraft to fly. Coupled with the most-realistic systems I've ever personally seen and a still jaw-droppingly gorgeous model and wonderful sound intergration then PMDG just sneaks ahead of what is unquestionably a seriously fine aicraft to own in the Level-D.Your thoughts/favourites?Thanks in advanceVirgin234

I guess ill give it a go,no particular order:geproavsvpmdg 737-800/900leveld 767And the aircratft that I spend most of my time in is the aeroworx kingair B200(his one is my all time favorite, Love the VC)

Intel I7 12700KF / 32 GB Ram-3600mhz / Windows 11 - 64 bit / NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060TI / 32" Acer Monitor, Honeycomb alpha/bravo, CH rudder pedals, Tobii 5, Buttkicker, Logitech radio panel. 

FSUIPC (Registered)ActiveSky 6.5Ultimate Terrain USAWilco 737RealAir SF.260 2005VRS F/A-18EWilco E-JetsWilco Citation XPMDG 737RealAir Scout 2006 Aerosoft Seahawk & BoxerLevel-D 767All other addon scenery (Payware and freeware)That is my list in rough order of favoritism, not realism or how much I fly them. I think the registered version of FSUIPC opens the door to all other addons.

Joe Sherrill

5 years of simmimng and i still havnt purchased a registered copy of fsuipc, maybe i should look into it.

Intel I7 12700KF / 32 GB Ram-3600mhz / Windows 11 - 64 bit / NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060TI / 32" Acer Monitor, Honeycomb alpha/bravo, CH rudder pedals, Tobii 5, Buttkicker, Logitech radio panel. 

1 : FSUIPC2 : ActiveSky 6.53 : Rex FS20044 : Majestic Dash 85 : Wilco 7376 : 50 north 737 (to go with the Wilco ones above)7 : Squawkbox (to fly online!)8 : HJG DC8-63/739 : Stellan Hilmerby DC910 : Digital Aviation Fokker70/100

5 years of simmimng and i still havnt purchased a registered copy of fsuipc, maybe i should look into it.
The advice is: definitely YES! It's one of the addons which add thousands of little aids to your sim and you will never ever think you've wasted your money in any way.What's more, Pete is an extremely helpful guy, so any support issues from him are exemplary.

1. QW 757: Lacks a little in complexity, but just wait for SP1. The sounds and VC are insane! (Payware)2. CLS 767: Perfect balance of visuals and complexity IMO. (Payware)3. PA A319: Love the model and FDE. (freeware)4. PA A320: I would put it with the A319, but no wingflex. :( Really wish they would finish the A32X series (and add wingflex)! (Freeware)5. POSKY 777: Model and VC are lovely. (freeware)6. Glacier Bay: Really great scenery that covers a huge area! (Freeware, could pass for payware!)7. FlyTampa TNCM package: They really out-did themselves with this one! (Payware)8. FSDT PHNL: OUTSTANDING detail! (Payware)9. Flytampa Freeware Boston: Greatest freeware airport IMO. They made a V3, but there's no reason to leave V2.1! Plus, AES comes free if you have it installed. ;) (Freeware)10. AES: Adds so much to your scenery! (Base is Free, but credits are Pay)Wish I could have put the AS A320 on the list...the model is truly outstanding and the VC is one of the best in FS9...if AS would only fix the damn thing! As a side note, which is better, FlyTampa KSFO or Cloud 9 LAX? Not sure which to get.

Danny

Guest FSRules

My favourite addons would be Activesky 6.5, Ultimate Traffic, and FSPassengers, if they are considered addons. Those addons add the livelihood that FS2004 needs.

Multi-Crew ExperienceREXCarenado C-172Active Sky AdvancedFlight Ontario SceneryUltimate TerrainGround Environment ProEditVoicePack

"Even Ozzy's wagging his tail again. Liam who?"

As a side note, which is better, FlyTampa KSFO or Cloud 9 LAX? Not sure which to get.
I own both and they are both great. KSFO supports AES mind you....and it performs a little better if I recall (on my dual core both get excellent frames)

Hello1. Fsuipc2. AS 6.53. Radar Contact v44. FScommander5. REX 20046. GE Pro7. Ultimate terrain series8. FSGenesis9. FSwater10. Aircraft : Changes weekly, usually whatever was my most recent purchase but if forced to pick just one then its the Eaglesoft Beechjet BJ400 1.5

Guest Zevious Zoquis

1. Anything with Realair's name on it2. Activesky 3. Active Camera (primarily for the mouse panning in the VC)4. FlyTampa Hong Kong5. FlyTampa St Maarten

My list tends to change over time. It really depends on what I at one moment am doing in the sim.1: PMDG 747 (Love it because of the way it handles and functions. Awesome plane!)2: Maddog 2008 (Haven't had the time to look into it, but from the few flights I did do, this seems like an absolutely great little plane and seems to be right up my street)3: REX (WOW did it change much for me!)4: UT:Europe (Love that. It adds sooooo much)5: GEPro (This one also halped make the default FS9 looks a lot better)6: LDS767 (While I like this plane, love the complexity and all the possiblities, it's the looks that hold me off from flying it all the time)7: QW757 (Haven't had much time to look at it, but seems to be exactly the 757 I need)8: Wilco 737 (LOVE how it "feels", but haven't really looked closely at it)9: Many Aerosoft/FlyTampa sceneries (Right now, I have probably almost all Aerosoft Mega Airport sceneries, and some FlyTampa sceneries. I can't possibly say which I enjoy most...)10: A lot of other addons...I have many more stuff, but most of it I haven't proparly looked at. The PMDG MD-11 is probably great, but I haven't even loaded it yet. Just skimmed through the manuals. Same goes for the DA Fokker. I also have planes by CLS, and their 747-200 is a plane I greatly value. I didn't incorporate it in the list because there is just so many stuff I love. Concerning sceneries, I really have no idea in what order to put those, because there is so much good stuff. And I didn't even mention any of the freeware stuff! The PT Tu-154 is GREAT, and so is Samdim's AN-24RV. There is too much good stuff, simply put.Maybe in a month I'll come back and present a completely different list. That's probably what will happen, anyway.

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

The outstanding PT TU-154m. Keeping you busy on the ground and in the air - all for a bargain price of ZERO units of whatever your currency is. :( PMDG MD-11.SDS Yak 40.

Gavin Barbara

Over 10 years here and AVSIM is still my favourite FS site :-)

My favourites:Dreamfleet 727F1 ATRSSTSIM Concordeand my latest toy the RFP 747-200 (was payware,now freeware)FS Dreamteam KJFKAerosoft AESAerosoft airports ... too many to mentionFSUIPC .. penny for penny the best value for money.Peter

Peter Schluter