Sign in to follow this  
Guest virgin234

Your all time Favourite add-ons ever?

Airplane For FS 9: Realair SpitfireScenery For FS 9: KPDXIf I had to pick one for FSX, that's real easy: Orbx & the L-39

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

GE ProFEUT seriesFS Genesis Mesh (Best customer service I've ever had online!)Captain Sim F-104Captain Sim 707FZ02 Portland Scenery

It is very hard to make a cpompact list like this.So much good stuff will not get here simply to make it short enough for others to read. :( First I though I'd skip that, but seeing some great names here, I'll take the pleasure to join.My favourite one before brackets (in some cases one or two more in brackets, impossible not to mention them).I'm limited to what I have personally owned/used, of course.PAYWAREbest GA aircraft: Digital Aviation DA-20 Katana (Carenado PA28R)best short haul airliner: Digital Aviation Fokker 70/100 (Maddog 2008, FeelThere 737)best long haul airliner: Level-D 767-300ER (PMDG 747-400, PMDG MD-11)best airport scenery: FlyTampa Vienna (GAP EDDP, UK2000 EGCC Xtreme)best tool: FS Navigator (FSUIPC, ActiveSky)best landscape enhancement: Ultimate Terrain Europe (Ground Environment, FSGenesis)best support: Pete Dowson - FSUIPC...and many others...FREEWAREbest freeware aircraft: PT Tu-154M best freeware airport scenery: Novosibirsk Tolmachevo (ISD LIRF, FISD EFHK) best freeware general scenery: Blueskyscenery packs (VOZ, FISD Finland enhancements) best freeware tool: FSInn (AFCAD, TrafficTools)best longtime contribution: Project Open Sky (Richard Stefan - NavData)... and many others...

1. Anything with Realair's name on it2. Activesky 3. Active Camera (primarily for the mouse panning in the VC)4. FlyTampa Hong Kong5. FlyTampa St Maarten
For those who want mouse panning in the vc, I beleive flight1 has a freeware utility that does this.

Intel I7 12700KF / 32 GB Ram-3600mhz / Windows 11 - 64 bit / NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060TI / 32" Acer Monitor, Honeycomb alpha/bravo, CH rudder pedals, Tobii 5, Buttkicker, Logitech radio panel. 

I love these threads, :( PMDG 737 for meI have to mention these freeware add-ons as well.- WOAI- Lee Swordy's AFCAD

My favorite ones:1. Ground Environment Pro.2. FSUIPC registered.3. Colombia Virtual Xtreme Edition (y que viva Colombia!)4. Maddog 2006.5. Stellan Hilmerby DC9.6. Carenado Cessna 182RG.7. Active Sky 6.5.8. ProFlight Emulator.9. REX (that low because I'm just beginning to use it).10. and the modifications I've been making to my hometown in FS (due to Google's Terms of Service, I can't release them... but you should see them).Best regards from Colombia,Luis Miguel

Best regards,
Luis Hernández 20px-Flag_of_Colombia.svg.png20px-Flag_of_Argentina.svg.png

Main rig: self built, AMD Ryzen 5 5600X with PBO enabled (but default settings, CO -15 mV, and SMT ON), 2x16 GB DDR4-3200 RAM, Nvidia RTX3060 Ti 8GB, 256 GB M.2 SSD (OS+apps) + 2x1 TB SATA III SSD (sims) + 1 TB 7200 rpm HDD (storage), Viewsonic VX2458-MHD 1920x1080@120 Hz, Windows 10 Pro. Runing FSX-SE, MSFS and P3D v5.4 (with v4.5 default airports).

Mobile rig: ASUS Zenbook UM425QA (AMD Ryzen 7 5800H APU @3.2 GHz and boost disabled, 1 TB M.2 SSD, 16 GB RAM, Windows 11 Pro). Running FS9 there... sometimes on just battery! FSX-SE also installed, just in case. 

VKB Gladiator NXT Premium Left + GNX THQ as primary controllers. Xbox Series X|S wireless controller as standby/travel.

Maddog 2006
Hey, Luis!Out of curiosity: why not Maddog 2008?

I cant believe nobody mentioned FSNavigator for FS9. What a great great tool. I still use it.Eric

rexesssig.jpg AND ftx_supporter_avsim.jpg

I cant believe nobody mentioned FSNavigator for FS9
I can't, either! :(
best tool: FS Navigator

Hey, Luis!Out of curiosity: why not Maddog 2008?
Good question, but what should I expect going from 2006 to 2008? Both in features and FPS?Best regards from Colombia,Luis Miguel

Best regards,
Luis Hernández 20px-Flag_of_Colombia.svg.png20px-Flag_of_Argentina.svg.png

Main rig: self built, AMD Ryzen 5 5600X with PBO enabled (but default settings, CO -15 mV, and SMT ON), 2x16 GB DDR4-3200 RAM, Nvidia RTX3060 Ti 8GB, 256 GB M.2 SSD (OS+apps) + 2x1 TB SATA III SSD (sims) + 1 TB 7200 rpm HDD (storage), Viewsonic VX2458-MHD 1920x1080@120 Hz, Windows 10 Pro. Runing FSX-SE, MSFS and P3D v5.4 (with v4.5 default airports).

Mobile rig: ASUS Zenbook UM425QA (AMD Ryzen 7 5800H APU @3.2 GHz and boost disabled, 1 TB M.2 SSD, 16 GB RAM, Windows 11 Pro). Running FS9 there... sometimes on just battery! FSX-SE also installed, just in case. 

VKB Gladiator NXT Premium Left + GNX THQ as primary controllers. Xbox Series X|S wireless controller as standby/travel.

It's a shorter post to say what my all time never again addons are...anything from CaptainSim, they haven't ever completed an FS9 project and have left the FS9 community stranded. I will never again purchase anything from CS, ever. EVER.I'm pretty much cool with my other payware addon developers (although we HAVE had words in the past, with some):Level-DPMDGMAAM-simDreamfleetCaranadoEaglesoftAerosoftLeonardoIK DC9Wilco/FeelthereI've probably missed a few on the GOOD side but I can't say it enough...Captain Sim will NEVER get another Dime, Pence, Lira, Franc or Euro from me. They have this knack for getting everyone to buy something, incomplete, and never completing it? I'm still waiting on fixes for the Boeing 707, The 727 was a joke (thank goodness for Dreamfleet!) and the C-130 expansion pack was useless. 3 strikes and your OUT!!! I would stay as far away from Captain Sim as you can!

what should I expect going from 2006 to 2008? Both in features and FPS?
Hey, Luis!Well, the first and best reason is this switch from 2006 to 2008 is free of charge and officially Maddog 2006 does not exist and is not supported anymore.Of other things that come to my head now are for example:- virtual cockpit- corected bugs of the FMC- non-problematic use of AIRAC (without the special conversion now)- various bugs fixed- complex failure generator- widescreen panel (PRO only)Something more for sure, just can't remember now.No paying, no risk! :(