Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mikejr

L-1011 TriStar series V-speeds

Hi guys,I'm struggling myself but I'm hoping that some of you aviation know-how's out there will be able to tell me where I can find detailed and complete V-speed data for the Lockheed L-1011 TriStar series (including the -1, -100, -200, -200F, -500 etc). I require them firstly for use with Rob Barendregt's rcbvs-24.zip, as well as for my own use when flying the excellent Aerosim L-1011. If any of you use Rob's excellent gauge you will know how detailed this data needs to be. :( Alternatively, is there a suitable v-speed calculator which will give me accurate v-speeds under any and every condition for this aircraft? Any ideas will be helpful. :( Hope you can help.Cheers.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Look for the file "1011perf.zip" at Flightsim.com. A fellow named Matt Zagoren compiled the relevant pages from the L1011's AOM, including performance charts.

Oooh, looks good! :(I'll give that a look and let you know. Hope it includes plenty of v-speed details. Does this guy do similar things for other aircraft?Thanks a lot.EDIT: Yes, he does do these things for other aircraft, which should also be useful!

Ta, PittsS2B,That file is certainly useful, but I was looking for more detailed v-speeds preferably. I don't think I will though! Is there some kind of calculator, professional, real world, or otherwise, which I can use?And I do have another question for anyone and everyone: By default, and I have noticed this with other aircraft, the Aerosim L-1011-1 is loaded around 15000 pounds overweight, with the fuel tanks all at 100%. I know that this model has an accurate MTOW true to real life but in real life are the tanks never all completely full? Is this the case on the -500 too? And if so why? :( Hope someone can help out. I know there are a lot of L-1011 fans out there. :(

Check pages 15-18 of the Zagoren "Performance" file I referenced earlier; you'll note several sample takeoff chart problems that allow you to calculate V-speeds for a given gross weight, temperature and wind in a very realistic fashion.