Sign in to follow this  
boing71234567

Wilco or Eaglesoft Citation X?

Another thing I really don't like about ES's2 CX is that you can't type flight plans in the FMC manually when you are in VC. Neither in 3D FMC nor in 2D POP UP panel. Btw, there must be something wrong by design, because in FS9 version of CX you can do it when you are only in 2D environment, but not in 3D VC.Cheers,Dirk.

TOC, or 'top of climb' is not part of the DIR TO function. It's a completely and totally separate calculation. Your statement that DIR TO is broken is inaccurate, misleading and your repeated claims as such is intentionally dishonest.We have never disputed that the TOC calculations have issues with a DIR TO going active. I don't believe that's a game-breaker by anyone's rational view.
Ed, it is not. On the positive note I'll add that it self-adjusts over time while you fly towards it and normally I cross it shown on the flight path. But please, you might want to fix it yet.Cheers,Dirk.

You didn't ever bother to notice the post about the missing DLL.XML entry... which is why none of the keyboard input worked in FSX. It was in the support forums.Regarding DIR TO... then you agree and admit you were incorrect in stating it is broken? After all, that's what you've stated... repeatedly... DIR TO is broken.Claiming DIR TO is broken... when it is not... and repeating it... when it's not... is being dishonest.
1. Ed, Keyboard input does not work in 3D envirronment in VC in FS9 yet.2. Guys, please help me to fix the problem with DLL.XML. I must have missed it when I visited there just yesterday and earlier. No matter what I found or missed the problem is still there and I don't know how to fix it. I confirm: keyboard input does not work in FSX version at all and it's a nuisance.3. DIR TO works but it screws up how TOC is positioned on the map. Sorry, if I misled someone with my previous statement it turned out according to Ed incorrect, and he is right in the sense he knows better where their flaws are. DIR TO and TOC are important practical utilities for flying online, so I hope the issue will be fixed.Cheers,Dirk.

More about new flight plan creation in ES CX: it recalls only those that are available in the flight plans' folder. But doesn't allow to create yet...I just remembered what I changed in CX - I added VOX ATC to it and modified the panel accordingly. Will reinstall and report here for those with VOX ATCX.Dirk.

More about new flight plan creation in ES CX: it recalls only those that are available in the flight plans' folder. But doesn't allow to create yet...Dirk.
What do you mean "doesn't allow to create yet..." ?????
1. Ed, Keyboard input does not work in 3D envirronment in VC in FS9 yet.2. Guys, please help me to fix the problem with DLL.XML. I must have missed it when I visited there just yesterday and earlier. No matter what I found or missed the problem is still there and I don't know how to fix it. I confirm: keyboard input does not work in FSX version at all and it's a nuisance.3. DIR TO works but it screws up how TOC is positioned on the map. Sorry, if I misled someone with my previous statement it turned out according to Ed incorrect, and he is right in the sense he knows better where their flaws are. DIR TO and TOC are important practical utilities for flying online, so I hope the issue will be fixed.Cheers,Dirk.
Keyboard input in VC is disabled intentionally and will remain so.DLL.XML needs an entry for our keyboard interface. I don't have the information in front of me. I'll locate it.

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

What do you mean "doesn't allow to create yet..." ?????Keyboard input in VC is disabled intentionally and will remain so.DLL.XML needs an entry for our keyboard interface. I don't have the information in front of me. I'll locate it.
Ed, seems that it has some problem with VOX ATC gauge that I installed yesterday, but I'm not sure, reinstalling. I meant I created some plans before and they could be called up.Thanks for DLL.XMLDirk.

Ed, seems that it has some problem with VOX ATC gauge that I installed yesterday, but I'm not sure, reinstalling. I meant I created some plans before and they could be called up.Thanks for DLL.XMLDirk.
I'm not familiar with VOX ATC... so couldn't comment. I believe this is what you need in your DLL.XML file.
	<Launch.Addon>		<Name>HyperGauge</Name>		<Disabled>False</Disabled>		<Path>Modules\HyperGauge.dll</Path>	</Launch.Addon>

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

A word about Flight PlansFMS Built Flight Plans and FS Built Flight Plans are both supported in your newCitation X Extreme V2.0. FMS Built and Saved: When completed, an FMS Built Flight Plan will be saved tothe FS Plan Folder automatically. FMS Built Plan naming convention follows.Example: KPHX-KLAS_X.PLN where Departure ICAO-Destination ICAO_X is namedprior to the .PLN extension.
At which moment the plan is considered completed btw? After clicking Activate before Performance Init? As I said I had created a few plans but later it stopped working, so I'm still investigating it now. Since then I only installed VOXATCX.Thanks,Dirk.

Ok, the Flight Plan is created at the moment when you click on Confirm Init. There's one nuisance though: since it is created automatically and by no means you can give the name to the plan manually, it seems that the newer plan replaces the previous one if the departure and destinations are the same, no matter what route is inbetween. It can be quite inconvenient because you will not be able to store 2 different FMS plans with the same Origins/Destinations. I hope ES will work on this and change the way FMS plans are saved.Dirk.

Ok, the Flight Plan is created at the moment when you click on Confirm Init. There's one nuisance though: since it is created automatically and by no means you can give the name to the plan manually, it seems that the newer plan replaces the previous one if the departure and destinations are the same, no matter what route is inbetween. It can be quite inconvenient because you will not be able to store 2 different FMS plans with the same Origins/Destinations. I hope ES will work on this and change the way FMS plans are saved.Dirk.
This is not going to be changed. The Citation X is completed, done, finito... etc. Just so you understand... SID/STAR/IAP waypoints are not stored as part of a flight plan. Only the enroute waypoints are stored... so the 'inconvenient' part is a bit overstated.

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

This is not going to be changed. The Citation X is completed, done, finito... etc. Just so you understand... SID/STAR/IAP waypoints are not stored as part of a flight plan. Only the enroute waypoints are stored... so the 'inconvenient' part is a bit overstated.
True, it's not a big deal, particularly after I realized I could always move it to another folder. But I change my flight plans beyond SID and STARs due to winds, time of day etc. It's just a little strange if you like. I hope it won't scare anyone off, sorry for digging it up.Thanks,Dirk.

Look... I'm going to say here... and this is final... if you don't like the support... then I'm done. Get it? Done. I will not watch you bad mouth my efforts of support and then provide support. Enough is enough.
Ed, sorry, it was addressed to your agressive associate. I had to defend myself. Thank you for clarifications. Very much appreciated, you did a great job. All is clear.Cheers,Dirk.PS: to the original poster: The ES's CX is a much better plane, but to be honest you should appreciate that it is also a much later development. While the communication with ES's support can be really rough at times, I believe it's still quite workable. Actually it was really great today as you've seen. And their planes are really rewarding. ;)Thanks to all involved!

This topic is closed, and EVERYONE who went off topic after you were asked twice not to has now had a level of warning added to your account. If you see one of your posts missing, than you have disrespected everyone here by not following a simple request from David and myself, and therefore I have removed the post and added a note to your membership letting other mods know you are not to be trusted, and will be banned permanently next infraction.