Sign in to follow this  
Angelo Cosma

FSX Keeps Crashing with PMDG Planes

Hey guys, I have run out of ideas so I am coming here for help, my FSX keeps crashing when running PMDG aircraft. I have the error message from Windows Vista (Event Viewer) I will post what it says. (The protocol handler Search.OneIndexHandler.1 cannot be loaded. Error description: Class not registered) Event ID: (3083) Task Category: (Gatherer)I really don't know what to do, a couple of google results say it's something to do with the registry.This same exact error has come up almost every time I fly so I am thinking either the sim or the aircraft is looking for something and the file or whatever it could be is causing a lockup crash.I am running Vista 64 SP2, Intel C2D 4.0GHz, 4GB Ram, Nvidia 8800GTX.So I just updated the 747-800 we will see what happens although I am not to hopeful, thanks for any help guys, I really appreciate it.Angelo Cosma

Has it always crashed or was it working okay and then start crashing? Did it start crashing after you installed the -8?Try running the 747X installer and select repair. Be sure to repair the C++ redistributals as well.Are you running anything else (like REX) in FSX?

Dan Downs KCRP

It was fine before the 747-800 was installed, I will try right now what you recomended with the 747X, and yes I am running REX, and Ultimate Traffic 2.

If that doesn't work send an email to pmdg support and be sure to get an automated reply. I don't recall seeing your reported error message before. I would start uninstalling FSX add ons one at a time and then reinstalling SP 2 before installing the add-ons looking for a change that removed the error message. Or, you can wait for official support (that is not me).

Dan Downs KCRP