Sign in to follow this  
NeilC

Best headset (Mic)

Hi Guys,Can any of you recommend a good headset, with a good mic.I am currently using an e-dimensional Force Feedback one, which has always been fine, but I am wondering if the Mic is giving me problems.I have done a bit of looking around the net, and have found this one, which looks good, and has a 'mute' button for the mic, which I prefer to have.http://www.play.com/PC/PCs/4-/8823202/Sait...=Price&fb=0Any other recommendations?ThanksNeil

beta.gif

Guest Cyril_Murat
Any other recommendations?
Hi.My own experience.-> I use since a long time USB Headset/mic: it allows me to have all FS sounds on my speakers and all voices in my headset. When I'm alone at home, the speakers are very loud and it is a very realistic experience to have a big sound in my room and still be able to ear ATC, real copilot or FS2Crew F/O in my headset. When my family is sleeping at night, my speakers are down but I can still ear the voices. Saitek not permits this, it isn't usb (or you have to use a second sound card).-> I've used a Logitech Clearchat comfort USB. It was perfect for FS2Crew.-> I'm using a Plantronics Audio 655 USB. It is also perfect for FS2Crew.I hope it helps.Cyril

Guest Cyril_Murat

Hi again. I forgot to tell you about it: About the headsets I spoke about.The Logitech has a mute button on the wire and the Plantronics has a mute system: the sound is muted when the mic is put in the up position.Regards,Cyril

Thanks Cyril,I have ordered the Saitek headset, as I can plug it into the computer, and still have the speakers running ok as well.I just hope that the Mic is better, and that I will be able to get everything working ok.Maybe we could fly together one day.Neilps, I didn't forget your request to sort out a trip in the cockpit. Unfortunately, we have now been banned from flying up front as well. We can only fly in British registered Aircraft, in Great Britain. What a pity, as it was always fun to watch the pilots!

beta.gif

Thanks Cyril,I have ordered the Saitek headset, as I can plug it into the computer, and still have the speakers running ok as well.I just hope that the Mic is better, and that I will be able to get everything working ok.Maybe we could fly together one day.Neilps, I didn't forget your request to sort out a trip in the cockpit. Unfortunately, we have now been banned from flying up front as well. We can only fly in British registered Aircraft, in Great Britain. What a pity, as it was always fun to watch the pilots!
If money is no object, go for one with noise canceling, but such a noise canceling headset is hardly required.Mine is just a generic no-name brand that was pretty cheap, and my accuracy rate is well over 90 percent.

Guest Cyril_Murat
I just hope that the Mic is better, and that I will be able to get everything working ok.
So do I
Maybe we could fly together one day.
I'd love that!
ps, I didn't forget your request to sort out a trip in the cockpit. Unfortunately, we have now been banned from flying up front as well. We can only fly in British registered Aircraft, in Great Britain. What a pity, as it was always fun to watch the pilots!
Well, I may be a dream I'll keep until I die : going once in a real cockpit... Thanks anyway to still having that in mind ;)Regards,Cyril