Sign in to follow this  
Guest Cyril_Murat

A post for videos

Sorry: no You tube (some may be too long for You Tube and i have a premium account on Daily Motion)Start engines:

LFML IFR arrival

Great Videos Cyril!!!!I just tried a flight from EDHL to EGSS and I am really struggling. I can get most of the stuff to work, but my voice recognition is really struggling.I can't get most of the Autopilot functions to work once airborne, and some of the checklists, I have to say the word over and over again until it works. I have ordered a new headset, so I hope that this will improve matters.What a great addon. Its just a pity it is so frustrating for me, as it would be great if I could get it running like you have!Neil

beta.gif

Neil,just for curiosity, as I'm experiencing the same problems as you do, even with a high end headset, which is your O/S? I suspect that Brian could be right, but moving a 70gb fs9 installation to win7 is a huge work, that I'd like to avoid.... but if it is necessary :(

Neil,just for curiosity, as I'm experiencing the same problems as you do, even with a high end headset, which is your O/S? I suspect that Brian could be right, but moving a 70gb fs9 installation to win7 is a huge work, that I'd like to avoid.... but if it is necessary :(
I am using standard XP.It has served me well, and after seeing all the problems my dad had after upgrading to 7 (Adobe CS3 no longer works, and he is left to pay out a further 500 pounds to upgrade :( ) I have no intentions of moving OS.I will keep my fingers crossed that my new headset will change my fortunes, but from reading your post, maybe it is wishful thinking.Neil

beta.gif

Cyril: In your approach video are you hand flying the airplane or is the autopilot on?? I hear you asking for headings and the FO is responding. If you are hand flying (autopilot off) what is the point of asking the FO for a heading??MIke B.

Cyril: In your approach video are you hand flying the airplane or is the autopilot on?? I hear you asking for headings and the FO is responding. If you are hand flying (autopilot off) what is the point of asking the FO for a heading??
When you fly a complex plane without autopilot, that's when you really do need someone to change settings and modes and push buttons for you. You'll want to have your two hands on the controls and eyes on the instruments. Changing the heading value for instance, affects the flight director if you want to fly using it (most do).Once the autopilot is on, personally I think it makes more sense that the Pilot Flying handles the autopilot settings while the Pilot Not Flying handles radios and monitors all actions.But, we at FS2Crew are generous enough to give you the freedom to choose your preference :( banner_fs2crew_team_kk.png

When you fly a complex plane without autopilot, that's when you really do need someone to change settings and modes and push buttons for you. You'll want to have your two hands on the controls and eyes on the instruments. Changing the heading value for instance, affects the flight director if you want to fly using it (most do).Once the autopilot is on, personally I think it makes more sense that the Pilot Flying handles the autopilot settings while the Pilot Not Flying handles radios and monitors all actions.But, we at FS2Crew are generous enough to give you the freedom to choose your preference :( banner_fs2crew_team_kk.png
That's correct.Generally, when the autopilot is on, the PF will set the autopilot.But, nothing is set in stone, so if you want you can still command the FO/PNF to set the autopilot even when the autopilot is on.Cheers,
FYI Vista and Win 7 share the same version of SAPI I believe.

Guest vpaa569

Great Videos Cyril,many thanksbest RegardsJulio

That's correct.Generally, when the autopilot is on, the PF will set the autopilot.But, nothing is set in stone, so if you want you can still command the FO/PNF to set the autopilot even when the autopilot is on.Cheers,FYI Vista and Win 7 share the same version of SAPI I believe.
"But, nothing is set in stone, so if you want you can still command the FO/PNF to set the autopilot even when the autopilot is on."Oooooh!. Will the FO change the heading then and the autopilot will move to the new heading?? I hadn't tried it with the AP actually on. Dooh... I assumed (there's that word again) that when ther manual stated the AP is off the FO commanded the heading select know and you HAD to do it that way. If the AP is on and I ask for a heading and he/she actually does it then that's super! It is a real pain when flying online and ATC turns you and you have to mouse the heading before I can answer them. If I can hand off that job to the lowly FO, great!Thanks. Mike B.

Guest Cyril_Murat
Cyril: In your approach video are you hand flying the airplane or is the autopilot on?? I hear you asking for headings and the FO is responding. If you are hand flying (autopilot off) what is the point of asking the FO for a heading??MIke B.
Perfect answer given before I'm back from holiday ;)Regards,Cyril
Great Videos Cyril,many thanksbest RegardsJulio
Thanks.You're welcome.Cyril
Cyril, why don't you make some videos showing the different FO accents available!
Time....I'll try while testing SP1 but I have a lot of professionnal work to do before that :(
I should pay you for this :(
Well, if you pay more than my regular work does, I should make videos before doing my professionnal work :( Best regards,Cyril

I had a couple of attempts and messed up a bit here and there, too high speed when landing, getting the flaps up at 1000 f etc. But it was great fun and all in the course of learning! :DPart 1:

Part 2:

Krister Lindén
EFMA, Finland
------------------

Moi KristerCool videos! Just wondering, did you set the flaps yourself during after engine start? That is actually part of the FO flow and he does it for you during that checklist item.Also the pressurization system transfer lockout lights in the overhead caught my eye, might want to reset them :(banner_fs2crew_team_kk.png

Moi KristerCool videos! Just wondering, did you set the flaps yourself during after engine start? That is actually part of the FO flow and he does it for you during that checklist item.Also the pressurization system transfer lockout lights in the overhead caught my eye, might want to reset them :(banner_fs2crew_team_kk.png
I hear ya! :D I realized then that I shouldn't touch the flaps lever (on my physical throttle unit), especially since although I call for flaps up and flaps are indeed raised, I will get a flaps overspeed alarm later since I have the flaps lever, again on my phsyical throttle unit, in the 15 position! :D Hey, who needs pressurisation between ESSA and EFMA?! :D I remember being a passenger on the Finnair DC9 between EFTU and EFMA - the pilot hardly had time to advance the throttle for take off before he had to pull them back for the landing!Actually, concerning the lockout lights, I would somehow assume those would would be the PNF's duty to set when duing the overhead panel setup. A better, VATSIM-included version, is coming up!

Krister Lindén
EFMA, Finland
------------------

That's a good point on the flaps hardware controller if you have one. You probably should not use it with FS2Crew if it has physical detents.Transfer lockout + standby lights.. yeah, could be the FO's job, Samuli would know. It may be something that can't be read from the simulation though, and they won't always be on during preflight. Depends on the panel state I guess. I've always reset them myself.banner_fs2crew_team_kk.png