Sign in to follow this  
KeithHenry

Destination wx not depicted. Fs9 and ASA

Hello all. I'm a long time AS user, but am new to ASA. Here's my issue. I import a fp from fs and look at both dep and dest. Weather. Usually my dep weather is very well depicted in fs. But after flying to my destination, the weather out the window is completely wrong from what ASA is reporting in the breifing window. For instance, on my last flight ASA was calling for low cloud, snow and freezing fog with rvr under 1500. Yet on final approach I could clearly see at least 20 miles with only a few puffy clouds out the window. Winds and alt seem to be correct, but not the vis clouds or precip. Any idea what I've done wrong?Thanks guys.

Keith Henry

Grande Prairie, Alberta, Canada

CYQU

Hi,Is ASA B433?We are also looking into this as part of our next SP.

Hi,Is ASA B433?We are also looking into this as part of our next SP.
I assume you mean build 433? I'm not sure. But I purchaced and downloaded it no more then two weeks ago, so I assume it's the latest version. Could I be wrong? Purhaps I don't have the most recent version?

Keith Henry

CYQU

Hi,The Build is in the lower right! Yes, you should be at B433 then.So:FSX or FS04?Single computer or networked install?

It's running on fs9.1 on a single pc, no network install. I'm also using the registered version of fsuipc. Not sure the actual number on it, but I also bought fsuipc less then 3 weeks ago. Sorry that I'm not providing more info (version numbers and such) but I'm out of town right now and won't be home on my fs rig for a couple days.

Keith Henry

CYQU

Hi,Return home and give this a bump and we'll pick up then!

Hi guys, I'm home.I've checked, and yes, I'm using Build 433 of ASA. Running FS9.1 and FSUIPC 3.96. As suggested in the docs, I've turned FSUIPC weather settings off, except for taxi wind control, which is set to automatic.I'm in the middle of another flight.... I'll see how the weather depiction goes on this one.

Keith Henry

CYQU