Sign in to follow this  
Robi77

Excessive control column deflection

When flying the PMDG-747-400 the Autopilot gets disconnected and the abovemessage shows. ( Excessive control column deflection )I never had that problem before and I wonder what can cause it and how to remedy.Your help is appreciatedHubert Werni

Check your joystick calibration - it's probably spiking and disconnecting the AP. In the real airplane, too much movement of the yoke will disconnect the AP as well, that's what this is modeling.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Check your joystick calibration - it's probably spiking and disconnecting the AP. In the real airplane, too much movement of the yoke will disconnect the AP as well, that's what this is modeling.
What can cause to much movement of the yoke ( in the real aircraft ) leading todisconnecting the AP ?Pilot moving the yoke to much ? Or turbulence ?Just curiousThanks againHerbert Werni

What can cause to much movement of the yoke ( in the real aircraft ) leading todisconnecting the AP ?
Placing your lunch on it sometimes does it ;-) Hehe, just kidding.I think what Ryan is saying about what may be happening is it sounds like something somewhere in your control.xml (FSX settings) something may be set up as your yoke without your knowing or your current yoke or joystick may be "Spiking" passing the point set in the model causing you to disconnect. Check the drop downs for every thing FS see's in the settings. Check everything, and personally I recommend deleting anything your not using if say you have a couple controllers and one is plugged in but not in use etc... Conflicting USB devices or corrupt .xmls can happen often, even FSUIPC at times decides to write things I never programmed.The maing things that may not seem obvious that can cause the disconnects are also things like buttons and such that may be asigned to Trim control for rudder, elevator etc. Check all of the drop downs and clear them out and you should be fine.Also and very important. Make sure your not replugging in controllers after you start FS. This causes FS to write a new series of commands and sets it to defaults. The problem is, is that FS may not alwats see it as the same and give it a new string in your control.xml. Just one of the many problems with FS controls but at least one we can all avoid.Hope this helps,

i9 10920x @ 4.8 ~ MSI Creator x299 ~ 256 Gb 3600 G.Skill Trident Z Royal ~ EVGA RTX 3090ti ~ Sim drive = M.2  2-TB ~ OS drive = M.2 is 512-gb ~ 5 other Samsung Pro/Evo mix SSD's ~ EVGA 1600w ~ Win 10 Pro

Dan Prunier

Hi i had the same problem too, found out it was my controller was causing the disconnects. Noticed this due to the one of my buttons wasnt working on the controller, so bought another one and problem solved, havnt had any disconnects yet.

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg