Sign in to follow this  
bmr

AP Chart FSX for Windows 7 x64

Has anyone experienced APChart not building airport db for FSX in a Windows 7 64bit environment. Just installed it on a new system and it is finding any airports.Screen shot attachedThanksBill

HelloAre you running the DB tool as administrator?I have moved away from using this gauge as the author seems to have given up on it which is a shame.I am now using DBS airport GPS which is much nicer

HelloAre you running the DB tool as administrator?I have moved away from using this gauge as the author seems to have given up on it which is a shame.I am now using DBS airport GPS which is much nicer
MaddogI am running as administrator, and UAC is turn'd off. Maybe I need to look at what you are using.ThanksBIll

Guest kybraa

Yeah I'm having the same problem it will not build a D.B in Windows7 64bit as of yet have not found a fix any help would be great..........Thanks

I am running as administrator, and UAC is turn'd off.
Try actually starting the program off by right-clicking it and selecting "run as administrator". That gives the program elevated privileges, the same as those of an Installer, which you, even as an administrator, don't have.RegardsPete

Win10: 22H2 19045.2728
CPU: 9900KS at 5.5GHz
Memory: 32Gb at 3800 MHz.
GPU:  RTX 24Gb Titan
2 x 2160p projectors at 25Hz onto 200 FOV curved screen

Just guessing, but it may not be finding the active scenery.cfg. You might want to run procmon and see if the db builder is getting hung up some where on file access.scott s..

Has anyone experienced APChart not building airport db for FSX in a Windows 7 64bit environment. Just installed it on a new system and it is finding any airports.Screen shot attachedThanksBill
I got the build to work. I ran Build, it did nothing, I then ran Update, if found not update, and then ran Build again and now the db was updated. Very strange.Bill