Sign in to follow this  
Guest krswen

AudioPilot USB aviation headset adaptor

Guest krswen

Any experience with this latest USB version? I'd like to use my DC H10-13.4 headset with VoxATC and I like the idea of not having to replace 9V batteries all the time. I have a sound card as my primary sound source. Does this version mean I have to go back to the on-board sound chip because of the USB connector?krswen

Any experience with this latest USB version? I'd like to use my DC H10-13.4 headset with VoxATC and I like the idea of not having to replace 9V batteries all the time. I have a sound card as my primary sound source. Does this version mean I have to go back to the on-board sound chip because of the USB connector?krswen
No direct experience with this particular device but I use a USB adapter with my Sennheiser headset for voice communication using usb audio drivers that are built into Windows. These drivers are loaded by Windows when you plug in the adapter. No sound card or software is required. You will need to go to your windows control panel audio and voice setup tabs and select the USB device and set up the microphone. If desired you can use your sound card and speakers for cockpit sounds for maximum realism and just listen to ATC over your headset. Good luck.

Hello...I used to have my set up for ATC over headset and engines etc over main speakers... I disconnected my USB sound adapter and now I cant remember how to set it up aain t have ATC over headset.. Help please

Does this thread mean you guys are using your "Real World" headsets in FSX??Dave

Guest krswen

Yes, after I started this post I bought the adaptor. Works great! I'm not sending speech to headphones and everything else to speakers like some folks do. I've got everything going to the headphones.krswen

Hi Guys,I do have the adaptor...I have voice (ATC) through the Headset and all other sounds through my speakers...I found that due to the excellent "Insulation" of the headphones I had to have my speakers up fairly high to hear the engine sounds...Not very neighbourly lol..If I put ALL sound through the Headset the quality was awfull...Is there a decent compromise??Dave