Sign in to follow this  
Guest fastpass

I can not find the aircraft.cfg file

Guest fastpass

Hi, I am new to FSX and also to PMDG MD11 for FSX and I can not find the aircraft.cfg file in any folder within FSX at the main directory. I can not find either any aircraft folder within FSX folder at the main directory as well. This was weird to me because I expected to see one like in FS9.Any help would be really appreciated!!!ThanksFrancisco C.

Hi Francisco, Yeah, FSX is slightly different in its directory. They are in the \\FSX\SimObjects\Airplanes\PMDG_MD11\ directory.Also, please sign your posts with full name per forum rules, thanks.

i9 10920x @ 4.8 ~ MSI Creator x299 ~ 256 Gb 3600 G.Skill Trident Z Royal ~ EVGA RTX 3090ti ~ Sim drive = M.2  2-TB ~ OS drive = M.2 is 512-gb ~ 5 other Samsung Pro/Evo mix SSD's ~ EVGA 1600w ~ Win 10 Pro

Dan Prunier

Guest fastpass

Thank you very much. I found it!Francisco Chiquero

Guest zurul

Hi I have the some problem on vista 64 but I dont see ''directory'' in \\FSX\SimObjects\Airplanes\PMDG_MD11\ ............? Zurul Kowalski

Hi I have the some problem on vista 64 but I dont see ''directory'' in \\FSX\SimObjects\Airplanes\PMDG_MD11\ ............? Zurul Kowalski
Unless PMDG files are differnet than everything else there is no folder named "directory".The aircraft.cfg file should be in the folder named PMDG_MD11It can be opened and edited using Notepad.

Sorry Zurul, Yeah, the term "directory" is just another way of saying folder or location. I often forget that the FS community is so much more worldly and should have just said, folder, to keep it more simple and basic :(

i9 10920x @ 4.8 ~ MSI Creator x299 ~ 256 Gb 3600 G.Skill Trident Z Royal ~ EVGA RTX 3090ti ~ Sim drive = M.2  2-TB ~ OS drive = M.2 is 512-gb ~ 5 other Samsung Pro/Evo mix SSD's ~ EVGA 1600w ~ Win 10 Pro

Dan Prunier

Guest zurul

hi, and thanks for help I was just blind, the cfg icon has different look on xp then vista.Have another problem can't share md11 cockpit with my friend on multiplayer, is the share cockpit option only for planes from FSX??? thanx

Guest zurul

I made it work thanx for help anyway Zurul Zuromski