Sign in to follow this  
Trans_27 Pilot Chase

Real Enviroment Xtreme FS2004

got to say Chase is spot on too :(Rex team,congrats on a great product,the evidence of your customer service was shown here recently,I'm still stunned every day by the weather in my sim!Good review,well written,nice read,and I even learned something from it.Well done reviewer man!JP.

got to say Chase is spot on too :(Rex team,congrats on a great product,the evidence of your customer service was shown here recently,I'm still stunned every day by the weather in my sim!Good review,well written,nice read,and I even learned something from it.Well done reviewer man!JP.
JP, is it safe to say the REX has completely transformed FS9? I'm thinking yes, what about you?

I am currently using Active Sky Advanced together with REX 2004 but wonder if there is any point in using REX for the weather part too? Considering how advanced ASA is and being totally focused on generating weather, I'd assume No but just checking. I also have Flight Environment and it starts to get a bit confusing what app to use for what purpose! :D

Krister Lindén
EFMA, Finland
------------------

I am currently using Active Sky Advanced together with REX 2004 but wonder if there is any point in using REX for the weather part too? Considering how advanced ASA is and being totally focused on generating weather, I'd assume No but just checking. I also have Flight Environment and it starts to get a bit confusing what app to use for what purpose! :D
well,I use AS6.5 for the actual weather,but REX is totally worth it for the graphics alone.I find myself trying out more and more options of the Rex program,it gives hours of tinkering fun as well.Like Chase says : it completely transforms the sim,and if I compare the virgin install of FS9with the verion I have Rex'd,I honestly cannot believe it is the same sim.

well,I use AS6.5 for the actual weather,but REX is totally worth it for the graphics alone.I find myself trying out more and more options of the Rex program,it gives hours of tinkering fun as well.Like Chase says : it completely transforms the sim,and if I compare the virgin install of FS9with the verion I have Rex'd,I honestly cannot believe it is the same sim.
I too, use AS6.5 for the weather. I don't quite understand how to get REX to download the weather. Every time I download their weather, it never loads into the sim. But none the less, AS6.5 is a very advanced weather program. Really can't go wrong with it.

I too, use AS6.5 for the weather. I don't quite understand how to get REX to download the weather. Every time I download their weather, it never loads into the sim. But none the less, AS6.5 is a very advanced weather program. Really can't go wrong with it.
Agreed,and,it does deserve mention AS6.5 support is great,too!

As much I as liked what it did when it was released, I uninstalled FE yesterday. I have REX in both FS guises, and there is no competition.FE was just using up disk space...Nice review...Andrew