Sign in to follow this  
Ed

ME & Fs2004

Guest 1929clhenry

Is anyone running new fs2004 under Windows Me and having any sucess. Pentium 3--1 ghz--256 k ram--64 meg GE Force 2 GTS video card. Will I be able to run it. I get 18 to 20 fps in FS2002 at 1280 x 760 an with sliders set at 70%. Thanks Chuck

HiI'm running FS2004 w/ Windows ME | AMD Athlon 1.1ghz | 512RAM and overall the sim runs good aobut 15-20fps with the Ultra High Settings activated, but I have a 128MB GF4 video card and that helps out a whole lot. But for you Chuck, if you can, I would recommend that you upgrade your video card, you could probably get a good deal on a GF4 now. Also it wouldn't hurt to add some more ram. Don't really worry about the cpu speed, graphics and ram will help more.So if I was you I'd go ahead and purchase FS2k4 and see how it runs and if your not happy 1) Add some more RAM.>if that doesn't help2) Upgrade your video card> if you are still not satisfied after doing 1 and 2, maybe try uprading to Windows XP, which is a MUCH better OS...which I plan on doing soonHope I could helpNick

I MAY attempt another install of FS2004 on my ME machine, but I had a rather bad experience trying to get the thing to work, had to restore a backed upped registry and then uninstall FS piece by piece.But one or two others have been able to install FS on ME.

Guest H_Kev55

I'm running FS04 with Me/AMD Duron 700/GF2 w/32meg/512 ram.It runs pretty good but I've yet to really spend the time pushing it harder.I plan to upgrade my processor and go to XP in the near future so I can get the best out of it.KJhttp://fsgateway.com/frank/fs9paibeta.jpg

Hi,I also am running it under WinMe with no problems except the video card, ATI9700 pro. I have everything maxed out except for the shadows and am getting about 22fps except in highly detailed areas where they drop down to the middle teens. The other gentlemen are correct about adding more ram, will make a world of difference.Ed

J P:I just purchased FS 9 yesterday and had precisely the same experience as you describe. Running AMD 1.4 with ME. Installed both Dx 9.0 and Real whatever. On re-boot, the system seemed frozen on the WIN splash screen forever. It was attempting to update files. Finally finished booting but will not start up. All i get is the message that says Dx version is incompatible. I am terrified to try Dx 9.0b since my FS 2002 is running great. Also I notice DxDiag is screwed up as you described. However, I think Dx 9 improved my Frame Rates and graphics with FS 2002. Where do you stand now? Have you cured the problem?I would be grateful for any help.JS

Hi,Fs2004 works extremely well on my system - much better than FS2002.No install problems and no crashes etc.I run with most display sliders at max.Important, to get the best graphics set the "Global Texture" slider to MASSIVE.Dell PIII, 512 mb ram, Asylum GeForce 4 Ti4200 64 mb, ME, latest drivers from Nvidia site, DirectX 9.0b from Microsoft site, scandisk and defrag before install of FS2004.I can't say enough about how happy I am with the performance of FS2004 with my PIII. My only suggestions would be to increase ram to 512 and install a GeForce 4 card like the Ti4200 (sorry, not the mx).Hope this helpsHoward

I'm running on a Windows ME machine as well. AMD 1.4 mhz. 512MB ram. 64MB Geoforce 3 TI500 with 30.82 drivers. Seems to work pretty good so far. I get some stutter, but I think that may be weather or slider related. I have been pushing the sliders up to see what I can do. My biggest dissappointment with ME has been compatibility with add-ons. I purchased Wilco's Airport 2002 and had to wait a month for a patch so that I could load it on my ME manchine. I updated my FSD Commander to the GMAX version when it came out. The guys had to send me a special installer to get the upgrade to work. I purchased Ultimate Traffic when it first came out. The main promgram installed and ran fine, but the first patch would not install. Tom had to put together a special installer for some of us 98/ME users. Finally, over the weekend, I purchased Active Camera 2004. To register it, you need to let Active Sky generate a 32 digit number. My copy came up with about 6 digits, and they are not all numbers. Serge e-mailed me stating his key generator has trouble with some 98/ME machines.I know XP is the future, but it is not practical for me at this point. I have over 60GB of stuff on my hard drive. My wife has lost her job, so money is an issue as well. Finally, the programs I do have work, so why tempt fate?Tony

Guest daveg4otu

Here are my system specs--AMD Athlon 2000XP (@133/133)ECS K7S5A Mobo 3.1 :04/29/02 Rev BiosSiS 735 Chipset Rev 12 x 256mb DDR RAMGeforce4 Ti-4200-8x 128mb DDR AGPAGP 1.16 WHQL . 4403 Detonator XP Drivers2 x Maxtor 40GB HDD (7200rpm)LG 8x4x32 BurnerLG 52xDirect X 9.0 final Windows ME/ Windows XP dual bootBIOS Settings- DRAM Timing Ultra. CAS Latency 3T,RAS ACtive 6T,RAS Precharge 3TL1 Cache Enabled.L2 Cache Enabled.Sys BIOS Cache Disabled.DRAM Drive Slew Rating - FastDrive Partitions-Drive1 C(WinME)20gb. E(WinXP)20GB. Drive 2 D(storage)22GB. F(Backup)18GBI'm running FS2004 successfully on both ME and XP -pro.Isstalled first in ME - no problems but frame rate was down on FS2k2.Adding a memory manager(Ramidle) helped alleviate this and now very satisfactory.With XP ,I first ran it by creating a short cut to the installed copy on my ME© drive.It ran ok but still with the lower frame rates.I then installed a full copy on the XP(E) drive .This way it runs very smoothly (without the need for memory managment - in spite of only having 512 MB).On both drives(both OS) I have added a virtual CD Drive and copied Disk 4 to the CD Image folder using VirtualCD.Now I can run either copy straight away without having to use CD4 to start the sim.There are a couple of minor moans- 1:I have noticed some small errors in the clouds from time to time. 2:Not really that impressed with the aircraft selection ,but after all it's only a starting point.Good flights to allDave