Sign in to follow this  
Guest V4DIV-CVN-70

Vaporware

Guest V4DIV-CVN-70

Just a thought to think about. Seems that "vaporware used to be a problem in MSFS now is seems to be "VaporVC" this idea of releaseing a/c without cockpits seems a but strange to me.... Gary

Guest V4DIV-CVN-70
Making aircraft for FSX is a #### load of work.
I am not a programmer (except a little ASP/VB) but I can only imagine. Still, Seems that you would wait until you have a complete product.....?

"Complete" is in the eye of the beholder.

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

Guest V4DIV-CVN-70
"Complete" is in the eye of the beholder.
WarpDI acquiesce...Close the thread...

WarpDI acquiesce...Close the thread...
Oh no... it's a good topic... but we each have our own ideas of complete :)

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

It's one thing to leave out a 2d or VC panel on puprose and state so up front. It's another thing to promise one down the line and 2 years later, nothing. (See: digital aviation fokker)

I have to agree that releasing a "payware" aircraft without a VC is really strange to me also (yeah, I know exactly how much work is involved). I guess with the ability to swap VCs in FSX, some are just not spending the time on it. For freeware I can understand it, especially if lacking the knowledge to do it well.

Best, Michael

KDFW

Guest V4DIV-CVN-70

Dont get me wrong, I like an add-on aircraft that looks good But, For me FS is about flying the plane not seeing it from the outside. I would buy a B-52 or a C-17 or a Fokker that had the VC only and Exterior promised later before I buy just an exterior model. Like WardD said, "Eye on the Beholder" I guess. I seldom ever look out the external view. Mainly when on the ground with doors opened. Has anyone ever released a COCKPIT ONLY Aircraft? Wonder how the FPS would be?

Dont get me wrong, I like an add-on aircraft that looks good But, For me FS is about flying the plane not seeing it from the outside. I would buy a B-52 or a C-17 or a Fokker that had the VC only and Exterior promised later before I buy just an exterior model. Like WardD said, "Eye on the Beholder" I guess. I seldom ever look out the external view. Mainly when on the ground with doors opened. Has anyone ever released a COCKPIT ONLY Aircraft? Wonder how the FPS would be?
I agree with you. Would not buy an addon plane without a VC, even if it's promised to be released "later".

Alvega

CPU: AMD 7800X3D | COOLER: Cooler Master MasterLiquid 240L Core ARGB | GPU: RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB OC | Mobo: ASUS TUF GAMING X670E-PLUS WIFI |
RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR5 6000MHz PC5-48000 2x16GB CL36 | SSDs: WD Black SN770 2TB NVMe SSD (WIN11), WD Black SN850X SSD 2 TB M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4 NVMe (MSFS), Crucial MX500 2TB (Other stuff) | CASE: Forgeon Arcanite ARGB Mesh Tower ATX White | Power Supply: Forgeon Bolt PSU 850W 80+ Gold Full Modular White 

Well.. for me an aircraft without a good external model would be a big no-go. So, i think the developers should aim exactly what market they are after. There are customers for all kinds of addons. Even from the super-ultra-complicaded addon that i never got from the ground thru the ctrl+e and fly away now. It

Flavio Cardoso - P3Dv4.5 HF3

Win 10 Pro 64Bits - i74960X 4.5ghz - ASUS Rampage IV Black Ed. - Corsair H150i Platinum - 32gb  Ripjaws Z - ASUS RTX 2080 SUPER SC - MCP 737R 2015 Virtual Avionics

Guest Thaellar

I agree with the OP. It is very strange and a definite deal-killer. Makes a plane feel like freeware and my wallet gets angry at me.Thaellar

Just a thought to think about. Seems that "vaporware used to be a problem in MSFS now is seems to be "VaporVC" this idea of releaseing a/c without cockpits seems a but strange to me.... Gary
Try selling a public beta and then selling a basic version...

Jason

FAA CPL SEL MEL IR CFI-I MEI AGI

Try selling a public beta and then selling a basic version...
selling a basic version...full of bugs and then don't fix them and disappear!

Not that anyone reading HERE would, but I'd bet I could post a LOAD OF POOP for sale on a website and get sales for it. It's quite amazing what people will throw their money at...