Sign in to follow this  
ESzczesniak

A thought for a couple changes...

I love this product, but was wondering if in your upcoming hotfix there could be a slight modification. A couple of checklists titles may be referred to a couple ways and it might be nice to have the voice recognition pick up on any a few of the common phrases for these checklits. For example, to start the after start checklist you must say "After Engine Start Check". However, often I hear this as "After Start Check". Hardly a big deal and I'm not going to be upset if this doesn't get changed. Even my stubborn will may finally learn to say "After Engine Start Check" the first time rather than saying "After Start Check"...wondering why nothing is happening and the realizing I'm the idiot. Just a thought though. The other instance would be instead of "Before Leaving Aircraft Check", often I've heard "Before Leaving Check" or "Leaving Aircraft Check".

Eric Szczesniak

I love this product, but was wondering if in your upcoming hotfix there could be a slight modification. A couple of checklists titles may be referred to a couple ways and it might be nice to have the voice recognition pick up on any a few of the common phrases for these checklits. For example, to start the after start checklist you must say "After Engine Start Check". However, often I hear this as "After Start Check". Hardly a big deal and I'm not going to be upset if this doesn't get changed. Even my stubborn will may finally learn to say "After Engine Start Check" the first time rather than saying "After Start Check"...wondering why nothing is happening and the realizing I'm the idiot. Just a thought though. The other instance would be instead of "Before Leaving Aircraft Check", often I've heard "Before Leaving Check" or "Leaving Aircraft Check".
I gotta say that I agree with the "After Start Check" request.Bryan, any chance we could get it in SP1?James

It would be great to have a sort of standard phraseology shared by all different addons.Like it was said, for example : "After Start Check" for the MD82, but also the JS41, MD11, B744.When you switch from an aircraft to another one, sometimes it is a little bit difficult to remember each specific phraseology to each aircraft and I need to read again the entire manual before each flight.

vpa055.png

Guest Samuli

Hi Steffltt,That's exactly how it works in real life... and why pilots don't generally fly more than one acft type at the time... :( But I agree on the "After engine start check", that it would be better to have it unified in that way, that if we have "Before start" check, then we have "After start" check as well. Makes it easier.Concerning "Before leaving" check... in my opinion it is not very specific... before leaving what? check?... In all the companies I know I have seen this as a "before leaving aircraft" check.Regards,Samuli

Hi Steffltt,That's exactly how it works in real life... and why pilots don't generally fly more than one acft type at the time... :( But I agree on the "After engine start check", that it would be better to have it unified in that way, that if we have "Before start" check, then we have "After start" check as well. Makes it easier.Concerning "Before leaving" check... in my opinion it is not very specific... before leaving what? check?... In all the companies I know I have seen this as a "before leaving aircraft" check.Regards,Samuli
"After Start Check" has been added as an option in SP1.

Today, I've made a flight with the B767 LVD FSX which I haven't flown for a long time, and honestly I was lost !!!! :( I had the manual, the tutorial, and the flow charts opened all around me, trying to remember the correct flow and procedure (between the main and the second button).

vpa055.png