Just a short question. Why does Driver Sweeper find NVIDIA Chipset files (registry) when I have a AMD/ATI chipset and SB?

Guest firehawk44
Just a short question. Why does Driver Sweeper find NVIDIA Chipset files (registry) when I have a AMD/ATI chipset and SB?
I believe Windows 7 has many of these drivers included in the Win7 install program in case it finds related hardware during installation. So these registry items may or may not have been active. I know for a fact that the Nvidia chipset drivers will not be installed if there is no Nvidia chipset found. I do not have an AMD chipset but I just checked and found several registry entries for ATI and AMD64. There are tons of registry entries that are not applicable. I read somewhere yesterday where an individual imported his registry into a PDF and the PDF contained something like 91,000 pages. He was trying to figure out how he was going to be able to print this PDF out and several individuals bluntly told him you do not save your registry to a PDF. It's useless in that format. I use a registry cleaner too (Advanced SystemCare) and it finds over 700 useless registry entries everytime I run it. Fortunately, it runs a backup of the registry in case in did too much house cleaning. So far it hasn't harmed my system. So that's how it happen...Best regards,Jim

Guest UlfB
As far as I know AMD doesn't manufacture chipsets any more. Probably you have a motherboard with a chipset manufactured by nVIDIA. What mobo do you have?

As far as I know AMD doesn't manufacture chipsets any more. Probably you have a motherboard with a chipset manufactured by nVIDIA. What mobo do you have?
GIGABYTE GA-MA790GP-DS4H

Wow, was I really wrong on this one :( You find information on your mobo here: http://www.gigabyte.com.tw/Products/Mother...GA-MA790GP-DS4HThere is a link on the right side to list Drivers. You have to choose your OS and then the latest different drivers will be listed.
Thanks UlfB. I already have the latest chipset drivers installed. I was just surprised when I saw that Driver Sweeper found Nvidia Chipset files.

What do you mean Driver Sweeper "found" files? You're not supposed to run any of the cleaning filters other than the one that you're trying to get rid of. That list of filters aren't things it's finding, they're premade profiles for removing the files associated with those products. So if you have an ATI video card, you just select the "ATI - Display" filter, nothing else. The only time you'd select Nvidia - Chipset, is when you want to clean files after uninstalling that specific driver set.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Guest stranex
What do you mean Driver Sweeper "found" files? You're not supposed to run any of the cleaning filters other than the one that you're trying to get rid of. That list of filters aren't things it's finding, they're premade profiles for removing the files associated with those products. So if you have an ATI video card, you just select the "ATI - Display" filter, nothing else. The only time you'd select Nvidia - Chipset, is when you want to clean files after uninstalling that specific driver set.
Ryan, just to confirm.....when replacing drivers should I delete ALL Nbidia related registry entries (chipset, drivers and software) as per the selections in driver sweeper?Many thanks

Ryan, just to confirm.....when replacing drivers should I delete ALL Nbidia related registry entries (chipset, drivers and software) as per the selections in driver sweeper?Many thanks
If you have a motherboard that uses an Nvidia chipset the DO NOT select Nvidia chipset, but do select Nvidia Display and Nvidia PhysX.If you do not have a motherboard that uses an Nvidia chipset then you can also select Nvidia chipset.Rod

Guest stranex
If you have a motherboard that uses an Nvidia chipset the DO NOT select Nvidia chipset, but do select Nvidia Display and Nvidia PhysX.If you do not have a motherboard that uses an Nvidia chipset then you can also select Nvidia chipset.Rod
Thanks Rod, will try and find out if my mobo uses it or not!

Guest stranex

Cab anybody tell me how to find out if my mobo uses nvidia chipset or not? It's an Asus p7p55d e pro but I can't seem to find any information on their website other than seeing it uses an intel p55 chipset?

Cab anybody tell me how to find out if my mobo uses nvidia chipset or not? It's an Asus p7p55d e pro but I can't seem to find any information on their website other than seeing it uses an intel p55 chipset?
You answered your own question.