Sign in to follow this  
gillesdenice

TOGA Switch don't work on missed approach

Hello,Please, can u give me a solution for this FS2004 problem ?I am on an ILS autoland configuration, with Autothrust , FD, APP, and 3 APs engaged.LAND 3 is in green on the FMA and i have entered in the MCP the altitude (3000') for the missed approach.As i reach 500' AGL, i want to make a Go-Around and so, i press on the screw (TOGA Switch), and here .....NOTHING changes........the 744 is performing the autoland and no missed approach is engaged, no changes on FMA etc...It's funny because on the 737 PMDG, all works fine.Do u already encounterred this situation or do u have an idea of this problem.I also try to map a keyboard shorcuts for TOGA switch, but the probleml is the same.ThanksGilles Menghetti.

Hi Gilles, Well I have an idea. First off the bat, have you entered a speed for the Missed approach point? I normally do that when doing the flight plan prior to take off. I just do a quick 220/ and enter it on the last entry for the missed approach.Only other thing I can think of is if you use FSCrew. I haven't used it in a while, but I remember a bug with the PMDG Queen where the screw hotspot was only clickable in VC view and didn't work for a lot of people in 2D view. I know you mapped a key for it, but not sure how successful that it may have taken for ya.Hope this helps,

i9 10920x @ 4.8 ~ MSI Creator x299 ~ 256 Gb 3600 G.Skill Trident Z Royal ~ EVGA RTX 3090ti ~ Sim drive = M.2  2-TB ~ OS drive = M.2 is 512-gb ~ 5 other Samsung Pro/Evo mix SSD's ~ EVGA 1600w ~ Win 10 Pro

Dan Prunier

Hello Turbine777,I don't use FS2Crew.I retry with a constraint on the last waypoint of the missed approach, but it doesn' workI try also to push the TOGA palets on the throttles in the VC, but it dosn't work too.I join a screen of the moment, what's going wrong ? =(Gilles Menghetti.

It is a safe assumption that there is a missed approch procedure. Oh, in fact it is painted on the ND.I don't see anything wrong. Try using a pmdg keycommand to assign TOGA to a keyboard key (I use Ctrl+G.. at least that is on the MD-11... I am not certain there is a 747 equivalent but check).The CRZ should go to something else after TOGA. Can't remember exactly how it works in the queen anymore.

Dan Downs KCRP

Are you using the FS2004 PAX version? I believe the TOGA screw on that model in the VC only is inoperable (works on the 2D panel and in both 2D and VC in the 747F). That wasnt specified.

Bill Howard

pmdg_trijet.jpg

Hi again,I have my answer.I was always in CRZ mode on my EICAS panel (in green)If i change in the FMC the CRZ mode to the G/A mode in the "THRUST LIMITS" page, the screw work perfectly.Thx to all.Gilles

I don't think you should have to do that. It should go to G/A mode when you press TOGA. There's something else we are missing, just can't spot it from here.

Dan Downs KCRP

I agree, plus you have captured the Glide Slope here. Would you still be in Cruise once you captured the GS? I hosestly never noticed but it doesn't seem right.

i9 10920x @ 4.8 ~ MSI Creator x299 ~ 256 Gb 3600 G.Skill Trident Z Royal ~ EVGA RTX 3090ti ~ Sim drive = M.2  2-TB ~ OS drive = M.2 is 512-gb ~ 5 other Samsung Pro/Evo mix SSD's ~ EVGA 1600w ~ Win 10 Pro

Dan Prunier

HelloYes, in fact, the G/A mode has to arm itself automatically.As posted in another forum, " Go-around arms and the reference thrust limit changes to GA when the flaps are out of UP or glideslope is captured."But on my EICAS, the CRZ mode don't change for G/A mode itself. I have to change it in the FMC "Thrust limits" page.Do you know what's the matter with my queen ?Gilles Menghetti.

Does TOGA work for takeoff?Is the hot spot screw the only method you are using for TOGA? Try using the pmdg options menu for keycommands and assign TOGA to an unused key (or delete something in the FSX keycommand list).What about your program route in the FMS. Are you doing something besides the normal enroute-arrival-approach selections?

Dan Downs KCRP

Definitely something wrong here.G/A should be armed after flaps extension or G/S capture.I tried and it works ok. After Flaps extension from 0 to 1, G/A armed.Edin