Sign in to follow this  
cattz

(SDK) TrafficToolbox shows - Objectplacer doesn't

Modified the xml.dll to add 'object placer' and 'visual effects' but neither show in 'tools' menu although traffictools does.Anyone see if I've made a wrong entry somewhere?SDK.png

I'd be interested in an answer to this one myself. I can't even get the "tools" menu to appear in FSX. I installed the SDK, modified the .dll as appropriate, and get nothing. I was going to download the SP1a/SP2, but I was told not to do so because I installed the SDK from the Acceleration disk.

Guest LCSims

It is early and the coffee is still kicking in, but you should notice that both entries that you added contain line breaks within the path. If that's how you added the info, I would clean that up and see if the menu choices appear.FWIW, the OPT is a primitive tool to work with and there are better alternatives, both free and payware. The Visual Effects tool is also anything other than "user friendly", but can be made to work with a whole lot of trial and error.

Modified the xml.dll to add 'object placer' and 'visual effects' but neither show in 'tools' menu although traffictools does.Anyone see if I've made a wrong entry somewhere?SDK.png

The lines in the XML are 'all one'. I'm using other tools like ADEX etc. but as I use the SDK Annotator I thought I might like to try the other SDK tools, but I was disappointed that they didn't show in the tools menu.

I also had several issues wuth various "tools" not displaying in the Tools menu, even though they were correctly entered in the xml file.Most, if not all issues were solved when I discovered this set of instructions and followed them - exactly:http://www.fsdeveloper.com/wiki/index.php?...ation_%28FSX%29The basic idea is to have the correct version of the SDK installed for the software combination(s) of the Operating System you are using.Hope that helps.

That's an interesting one, David. I installed each version of the SDK as I installed all the FSX patches so each version matched.Then looking at your link in the section fsx.CFG - Trusted. My cfg only had the one Traffictools entry as trusted, so I deleted the config file ( saved first) and let FSX rebuild. Sure enough it requested 'trusted' requirements for all other addons ie: FSUIPC etc; but did not ask for the SDK. On checking the rebuilt .cfg the SDK traffic tools was listed in the trusted section but no others. Object placer still not showing in the menu. :(

Hi FolksCattz -LCSims has already give you the fix.Remove the extra carriage-returnfrom each of the OPT and VFX lines.You are not seeing word-wrapping,it's in the wrong place, (too early),Actually the TTB line will wrap before both the others.PSNever use notepad in wordwrap mode. :( HTHATBPaul

OK. Found the answer.There was an extra space between the word 'creation' and 'kit'visualeffectstool now also showing but no idea why. Still - problem fixedThanks to all for help and suggestions.

I also had several issues wuth various "tools" not displaying in the Tools menu, even though they were correctly entered in the xml file.Most, if not all issues were solved when I discovered this set of instructions and followed them - exactly:http://www.fsdeveloper.com/wiki/index.php?...ation_%28FSX%29The basic idea is to have the correct version of the SDK installed for the software combination(s) of the Operating System you are using.Hope that helps.
Hi David,Apologies for asking for a reply on an old post from Feb 2010, but I noticed your help resource link, much appreciated BTW as I seem to be experiencing the same issues making (Traffictoolbox) appear in the FSX Menu under (Tools).I would like to give the Instructions a try if the Steps mentioned in the Link will work with Win7 64, I have .NET 3.5 NGEN and don't think .NET2.0 will install sucessfully to W764. I checked the system requirements on .NET2.0, VC+, and XML4, and they dont mention W7 as compatable. I would like to use the traffic explorer component of the SDK as I had in FS9, but if the installation of these files would de-stablise my Opsys, then could you make any suggestions if these files should be installed at all, to make the SDK work. (depending on what components are unnessary in W7) After recently installing the FSX SDK, on Disk 1 of my FlightSimX Gold edition which includes the Acceleration Expansion Pack and spending the next 3 days tearing the last strands of hair from my head I discovered there just might be an answer. I read through all the info, still not quite sure which category my FSX Gold+ACC pack falls into: (see below extract from FSDeveloper -link)Which proceedure applies to FSX Gold+ACC PackAny help you might offer will be greatly appreciated. I would be greatly interested to know if any one has been successful with the SDK or is it a wast of time, should we just Fly the plane instead, or have bells and whistles and smoke. Thanks in advance. Regards VH-Jet Jethro FSX Deluxe RTM users To install the SDK for FSX RTM: 1. FSX must not be running. 2. Browse the FSX Deluxe Edition disk 1 3. Open the SDK sub-folder 4. Double-click the setup.exe 5. Tell it where to install Default installation location is C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X SDK FSX Deluxe SP1 users To install the SDK for FSX SP1: 1. Download FSX SDK SP1A 2. Install the FSX Deluxe RTM SDK (see instructions above) 3. Install the FSX SDK SP1A that you downloaded FSX Deluxe SP2 users For standalone SP2 users only ! (All Acceleration Pack users please see instructions below at FSX Acceleration Pack Users). To install the SDK for FSX SP2: 1. Download FSX SDK SP2 2. Install the FSX Deluxe RTM SDK (see instructions above) 3. Install the FSX SDK SP1A (see instructions above) 4. Install the FSX SDK SP2 that you downloaded FSX Acceleration Pack users To install the SDK for FSX Acceleration Pack: 1. Install the RTM SDK from FSX Deluxe Edition disk 1, (see FSX RTM users instructions above). 2. Insert your Acceleration Pack DVD. 3. Browse to the subfolder called SDK\SP1a\ 4. Install the SDK SP1A from there using fsx_sdk_sp1a.exe, (dated 26/09/2007, size 165,569KB). 5. Browse to the folder called SDK\ 6. Install the Acceleration SP2/XPack SDK using sdk.msi, (dated 06/10/2007, size 216,929KB). <A name=FSX_Standard_users_who.27ve_installed_Ac> FSX Standard users who've installed Acceleration Pack For FSX Standard users only ! Do not use the downloadable SDK SP1A version, (it supposedly doesn't contain the nescessary components). To install the SDK for FSX Acceleration Pack: 1. Insert your Acceleration Pack DVD. 2. Browse to the subfolder called SDK\SP1a\ 3. Install the SDK SP1A from there using fsx_sdk_sp1a.exe, (dated 26/09/2007, size 165,569KB). 4. Browse to the folder called SDK\ 5. Install the Acceleration SP2/XPack SDK using sdk.msi, (dated 06/10/2007, size 216,929KB).