Sign in to follow this  

visibility FS2002

Ok guys, I know this probably a simple answer but I cant see it. I recently got my new machine up and running after building it myself. I won't bore you with PC config, but and here is the problem since the upgrade the minimum visibility setting I can achieve is 60mls.Is there any other way other than the slider control of reducing the visibility further. I ask this because I am flying the UK using VFR Photographic scenery, and whilst I would love having visibility of 60 mls and plus it doesnt really enhance the flying experience. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Guest Kurt

Have you checked the visibility settings in the weather menu ?Kurt M

KurtI've had fs2002 since the day of release heer in the UK. I've flown all over Wales, a good chunk of the UK and several flights across the atlantic. I build PC's as a hobby. I can even build honme networks and design web pages.But how did I manage to forget to check the weather settings. Doh!Thanks a lot Kurt, will I ever live be able to show my face again in normal society. It's amazing that we can forget the simplest of tasks. I feel such a dummy, apart from the certain knowledge that many like me will have done something similar. It happens to the best of us.Once again ThanksWycliffe

Take the hair shirt off again Wycliffe. It's a wise man that asks for help. The dummy is the one that doesn't ask the question. Bill

You have exactly the opposite problem to me! I too am using VFR photographic scenery (have you checked 51* 10.39N, 0* 40.68W?) and after about 4 minutes, whatever the weather, the horizon disappears and a total whiteout occurs, down to ground level. I am now reduced to finding the nearest ILS-equipped airport in order to get down safely! This is with an un-upgraded V.1.6 (of Active Sky). Just in case this was a UK phenomenon I tried Singapore - same thing happens.TonyKPS I have now found that other users are having the same problem - an upgrade seems to be the answer.TK

TKYour problem certainly sounds like a memory and graphic issue. I have to say it's not a problem I have had but I have seen it on a friends PC, and the solution was extra ram and a new graphics card. Of course i dont know what your cpu is, but can I suggest that anything over one gig will really help.

BillI feel the need to confess a very funny story. Several years ago I was having trouble with PC. Suddenly it would not run some games and others ran extremely slowly. Well being the fiddler that we all are I checked all my cards, my multi boot up configs rewote a couple of start up configs all to no avail. Of I rushed to my Local PC world and bought extra ram. No use.Aha I thought time for anew graphics card. Still no joy still the poor perfomance persisted. Reformat thats the trick, off came win95 and back on it went (several times) still no joy.New processor that is bound to sort it I thought. So in went a new cpu. Still nothing.Bugger this was really getting me cross and I was considering buying a new PC when one night at a bout three am I noticed the turbo switch was off. Yes you remember those little switches that used to be on the front of PC's.It transpire that our cleaner who had strict orders not to come in the study had cleaned one day and had caughtthe turbo switch. Suffice to say after 3 months and some considerable amount of money she was sacked.doh!