Sign in to follow this  
rservice

REX for FS9

I have REX2 for FSX, and also GEX ,while the frame rates are reasonable for less complex aircraft,it chokes with the payware heavies.It is probably my rig which is an HP 8000n,with 4 gigs memory and a GE force GTS 250 OC 512 meg.My question is,I'm considering buying REX for FS9,until I can afford a better rig.Will I see better frame rates on FS9.Ron

Ron Service

Shocking program.
Shockingly good. :( I'm sorry you are having problems. Yes I would imagine there is a point where it could drag a system down, but I have not heard many complain of this. What are your system specs? This could help someone else.KJ

The cloud and water textures come in various sizes. You can either keep the default size or use the higher resolution ones. There is obviously no impact if you use standard sizes.

I tried it on a middle of the range PC and uninstalled it immediately. Shocking program.Dave
The GUI was very very slow when first released. Much better now after the service pack though so perhaps you should give it a try... Even on my machine, which it quite fast, loading up a full set of textures into FS takes a few minutes but it is WELL WORTH the result!Geoff