Sign in to follow this  
Turbine777

Iron Maiden Livery

Hi guys, Just did a paint I thought some people might enjoy. It's an aquired taste and is a fictional Iron Maiden.I finished it for FSX and should be uploaded later tonight after I make some small fixes. I'll post the link when available.The main reason for this paint was to try out some ideas I had and because I grew up listening to Maiden and wanted to use some ideas I lost after a recent format to where I lost my "Alcatraz" paint...Here are some rather large pix."Here" you can see the red, white & blue paint scheme. This isn't because I live in the US, but because it looks good and is their colors :(In "this pic" you can see the tail lighting is enhanced a tad using the Alpha channel to create another neon effect and Ed's eyes (as well as some lightning mark enhancements)."Here's" another at night.This "picture" shows the other part of the theme. Eddie is tearing apart the MD-11 and behind him you can see the cabin & seats.The "other side" you can see a stress crack, but ole Ed is only on the one side.I did the same effect to the "engines" to show the engines through the torn off casings (each one is unique and not one side is exactly the same).Of course I had fun with it and added some things some may never even find. Here you can see "someone" trying to escape Eddies take over of the plane (or is he a victim?).A couple more pix:"Pic 1""Pic 2""Pic 3"

i9 10920x @ 4.8 ~ MSI Creator x299 ~ 256 Gb 3600 G.Skill Trident Z Royal ~ EVGA RTX 3090ti ~ Sim drive = M.2  2-TB ~ OS drive = M.2 is 512-gb ~ 5 other Samsung Pro/Evo mix SSD's ~ EVGA 1600w ~ Win 10 Pro

Dan Prunier

Man that looks good! Very well done. I'm a Maiden fan, something like this would be awesome on a 757 as that's what Bruce flies :( Can't wait until it's available though, I'd have fun flying that MD11 around!Jeff Calder

Jeff Calder

Awesome paintjob. Just watched their world tour docu the other night, really nice with all the exposure Ed Force One got on that show, think their call sign was Five Star Six Six Six :(

I love you man; I'm a huge Maiden fan. Now that I'm using FSX I don't have to bug you for an FS9 version. :( Aces High!

Hi DanGreat looking paint job, and I really like the job you have done on the engine pods, superb work, as usual.Jim Hodkinson

Very cool Dan! I don't often take the time to download 3rd-party paints for my PMDG aircraft - but I'll have to get this one. Thanks! :(

Regards,
Al Jordan | KCAE

Sorry for the late reply guys, and thanks for the compliments :( . I was wondering if it was ever going to be uploaded but forgot about the holiday.The Pax version is now available and the cargo version is almost finished. Here's the link (FSX).

i9 10920x @ 4.8 ~ MSI Creator x299 ~ 256 Gb 3600 G.Skill Trident Z Royal ~ EVGA RTX 3090ti ~ Sim drive = M.2  2-TB ~ OS drive = M.2 is 512-gb ~ 5 other Samsung Pro/Evo mix SSD's ~ EVGA 1600w ~ Win 10 Pro

Dan Prunier

Sorry for the late reply guys, and thanks for the compliments :( . I was wondering if it was ever going to be uploaded but forgot about the holiday.The Pax version is now available and the cargo version is almost finished. Here's the link (FSX).
HiRealy nice paint you got :-)Pic226.jpgThanks :( BRGDSStein-Ove Rud Hamar Norway

Pretty Cool! Do you not think it might be scarier with flames coming from the engines? Or am I thinking of the JS41?

Pretty Cool! Do you not think it might be scarier with flames coming from the engines? Or am I thinking of the JS41?
Actually in some of my first designs I had flames, but internally and they didn't work. They made it look to busy and you couldn't see anything but. There is no way to make them work on the engines and looks more car like and over the edge for what I had in mind here. I did however have oil splatters and a nice wet look on the engines but again, it got too busy and took away from the edging of the 3D crevice look I was going for, so all in all, this is as busy as it gets and still keep the idea.Theres nothing more depressing than spending several ( and I do mean Several) hours on ideas just to have to cut them for the finished product :'( ...

Dan Prunier

Actually in some of my first designs I had flames, but internally and they didn't work. They made it look to busy and you couldn't see anything but. There is no way to make them work on the engines and looks more car like and over the edge for what I had in mind here. I did however have oil splatters and a nice wet look on the engines but again, it got too busy and took away from the edging of the 3D crevice look I was going for, so all in all, this is as busy as it gets and still keep the idea.Theres nothing more depressing than spending several ( and I do mean Several) hours on ideas just to have to cut them for the finished product :'( ...
Well done Dan.

Dude that is freaking awesome!I assume you've seen the actual 757 "Ed Force One" that Bruce captains on the band's tours? Their "Flight 666" DVD has a ton of footage from the cockpit during the last tour.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Dude that is freaking awesome!I assume you've seen the actual 757 "Ed Force One" that Bruce captains on the band's tours? Their "Flight 666" DVD has a ton of footage from the cockpit during the last tour.
That's a great DVD, I'm looking forward to the LDS 757 so I can fly ED Force One.

Thanks guys, as always; very glad you all like it.I am a fan but shamefully have not yet seen the dvd, I hope to see the dvd soon enough and will definitely add it to my 1st things to do soon as I can. When I was 11, Iron Maiden was my #1 fav. All I asked for, for my birthday once was Iron Maiden, and Black Sabbath albums (yep, vinyl haha). Well, I got a bonus and also got a Iron Maiden Painters hat (Very popular in 81, thank you very much :( ). My first rock group was named Amethyst and one of our driving forces was the harmonizing of Maiden. Well, that and chicks of course :( . They've always remained in my top choices and even had a brief runaway as a lad when my mother and church saw Opra say the devil was in the music and took it all away... haha. Ahhhh youth, some say "To be young again" like it's an actual treat or something, hehe. No thanks, I'll gladly take wisdom over youth any day :( .They are still #1 for heavy metal but now have a much larger taste for other styles of music I never thought I'd enjoy (shhh B) , don't tell me mum. I've had a very strange problem with my Photoshop and when I try and save my very last dds for the cargo version it turns from blue to a violet purple... I've been at it all day trying to figure out what happened and even unistalled everything, deleted all Adobe and nvidia related folders and settings, ran registry cleaners,,, reinistalled and yet still get the issue. Jim Hodkinson just emailed me a file to try and test a theory from the nvidia plugin (saved profile). So to make a long story,,, longer, the cargo version will be delayed for a little longer but should find the cause (hopefully) soon enough.

Dan Prunier