Sign in to follow this  
Guest cliffie1931

How do I reduce the FMC Flight plan altitude?

Guest cliffie1931

In my Flight Plan from Gatwick to Le Bourget I programmed an alitude of 15,000 ft into the FMC. However the Legs page shows an alitude of about 40,000 ft. How do I reduce those altitudes please?The attachment shows a relevant page.Cliff

Guest UlfB

Have entered your cruising altitude on the PERF INIT page?

Hi Cliff, Please sign your full name per forum rules, thanks.If you look at the picture provided by Ulf, you will also see "ICAO" on LSK 5R. That is where you enter your Step size. Set at ICAO it is setting up your altitudes accordingly, to keep it from doing this, enter a 0 in LSK5R to replace the ICAO and the altitudes will set to your Set cruise Alt and allow you to modify as you'd like.

i9 10920x @ 4.8 ~ MSI Creator x299 ~ 256 Gb 3600 G.Skill Trident Z Royal ~ EVGA RTX 3090ti ~ Sim drive = M.2  2-TB ~ OS drive = M.2 is 512-gb ~ 5 other Samsung Pro/Evo mix SSD's ~ EVGA 1600w ~ Win 10 Pro

Dan Prunier

Guest cliffie1931
Have entered your cruising altitude on the PERF INIT page?
Yes, I did. But in my ignorance I did NOT cgange the ICAO to zero.Thanks for responding.Cliffie
Hi Cliff, Please sign your full name per forum rules, thanks.If you look at the picture provided by Ulf, you will also see "ICAO" on LSK 5R. That is where you enter your Step size. Set at ICAO it is setting up your altitudes accordingly, to keep it from doing this, enter a 0 in LSK5R to replace the ICAO and the altitudes will set to your Set cruise Alt and allow you to modify as you'd like.
Wow! Easy when I know how, hmm? Problem solved and I thank you.Leaving out my name is just anothet example of a "senior moment" as my beautiful wife tells me.............Regards.................Cliff

Guest UlfB
Yes, I did. But in my ignorance I did NOT cgange the ICAO to zero.Thanks for responding.CliffieWow! Easy when I know how, hmm? Problem solved and I thank you.Leaving out my name is just anothet example of a "senior moment" as my beautiful wife tells me.............Regards.................Cliff
Are your full name really Regards Cliff? :( /Ulf Bjarke (during a true junior moment - Sorry)

Guest cliffie1931
Are your full name really Regards Cliff? :( /Ulf Bjarke (during a true junior moment - Sorry)
Sorry? Why? I have PLENTY of those!Cliff

Sorry? Why? I have PLENTY of those!Cliff
The point I think you may have missed Cliff is the forum rules are you supply a full name, and above you said you had a senior moment but then also only signed Cliff :(Full real name means a last name to go with your first ;-)

i9 10920x @ 4.8 ~ MSI Creator x299 ~ 256 Gb 3600 G.Skill Trident Z Royal ~ EVGA RTX 3090ti ~ Sim drive = M.2  2-TB ~ OS drive = M.2 is 512-gb ~ 5 other Samsung Pro/Evo mix SSD's ~ EVGA 1600w ~ Win 10 Pro

Dan Prunier

Guest cliffie1931
The point I think you may have missed Cliff is the forum rules are you supply a full name, and above you said you had a senior moment but then also only signed Cliff :(Full real name means a last name to go with your first ;-)
Hah! You make a good point Dan............ :( Cliff Harris