Sign in to follow this  
Guest jf59

Level-D or CLS 767

Guest jf59

One more question, could some people who have either of these products or both give me their reccomendation of which one is better and maybe some pros and cons of each? It would be greatly appreciated because I'm not sure which one to buy. I'm using FSX. Thanks!

One more question, could some people who have either of these products or both give me their reccomendation of which one is better and maybe some pros and cons of each? It would be greatly appreciated because I'm not sure which one to buy. I'm using FSX. Thanks!
level-d .... just a great plane

Before I say anything, I need to tell you that I have the CLS 767 only. Both aircraft cater to 2 different markets. The Level D is for those who are serious about systems. The CLS is more of a get-up-and-fly type of plane with great visuals. The CLS also includes the 767-200. Don't forget the other option...the Captain Sim 767...no comment on that since I don't know much about it.

Danny

No brainer. Level-D for sure. Sure the CLS is easier to get up in the air but the level D has a great tutorial and is very, very well thought out executed.

Guest jf59

How do the FPS and visual quality compare between the two? And does the CLS have cabin crew announcements or is that just a Level-D thing?

The CLS is better visually and the VC is better aswell IMO. FPS are good for both models, I think the CLS tops out just a little higher then the LVLD. No cabin crew on the CLS bird though...

Danny

Guest jf59
The CLS is better visually and the VC is better aswell IMO. No cabin crew on the CLS though...
How are the frames for you?

You got to my post before I could edit it! ;) Frames are really great in both! The LVLD has more in-depth systems, so frames are only slightly lower then the CLS. It all depends on your system. Do you have any other CLS products?

Danny

Level-D. Period.It is as realistic as you choose. You can get in and fly or you can carefully execute a real flight plan.The main reason to get the LDS767 is because the CLS is NOT a native FSX aircraft. Why any of you guys pay for FS9 planes for your FSX is beyond me.

13900K | MSI RTX 4090 | 64 GB 3600 MHz | 4x SSD + 1x HDD | ASUS 42" 3840x2160 120Hz OLED
VirtualFly TQ6+ | Virpil WarBRD + Constellation Alpha | MFG Crosswind V2 | RealSimGear GNS530/430

spacer.png

I would say, if you get the CLS 767 and start to love the plane, you'll wish you had the LD 767.I'm so disgusted with Captain Sim , I wouldn't go near their 767.BobKMEMwww.flyworldva.com

Bob Donovan - KBOS

• Hardware: i7 11700k on ROG Strix Z590 ► Asus ROG GeForce 3070 ►FDS 737 FMC ► VRInsight 737 Overhead ► GoFlight TQ6 ADV ► Thrustmaster Warthog
  • Software: P3D ► MSFS ► XP11 ► DCS World

Level-D. Period.It is as realistic as you choose. You can get in and fly or you can carefully execute a real flight plan.The main reason to get the LDS767 is because the CLS is NOT a native FSX aircraft. Why any of you guys pay for FS9 planes for your FSX is beyond me.
Once again....BOTH products cater to DIFFERENT markets. Not all of us want to take the time to set up an FMC and sit through 6 hour flights....

Danny

Guest jf59

My issue with the LD 767 is the cockpit and exterior model don't look as good as the CLS from what I've seen. Also since I'm not really into spending an hour sitting on the ground programming my aircraft, I'm leaning more towards the CLS. Thanks everyone for the input.

Enjoy your portover. :(

13900K | MSI RTX 4090 | 64 GB 3600 MHz | 4x SSD + 1x HDD | ASUS 42" 3840x2160 120Hz OLED
VirtualFly TQ6+ | Virpil WarBRD + Constellation Alpha | MFG Crosswind V2 | RealSimGear GNS530/430

spacer.png

My issue with the LD 767 is the cockpit and exterior model don't look as good as the CLS from what I've seen. Also since I'm not really into spending an hour sitting on the ground programming my aircraft, I'm leaning more towards the CLS. Thanks everyone for the input.
Not that it matters at this point if your have already made your mind up, but you can start a flight with the LDS 767 with it already running so you dont have to spend time setting it up. If you want you can just get in, drop a few notches of flaps and take off, if your not interested in the realism it provides.Like one of the other posters said, if you get the CLS version and then get to the point where you want more realism as far as procedures go, then you will be stuck and have to buy another plane. Where as you can fly the LDS simply like you want, or you can fly it by the book using it from cold and dark, best of both worlds imho.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Once again....BOTH products cater to DIFFERENT markets. Not all of us want to take the time to set up an FMC and sit through 6 hour flights....
I keep hearing this from people who have never got past page 1 of a FMC document... here are the facts.1. Unless you have the mental age of a 2 year old you can setup the FMC in any of the complex jets in under 10 mins, probably less then five if you cut corners. You don't need a degree in quantum physics.2. It's your choice to sit through a six hour flight, nothing to do with LVLD or CLS

Rob Prest