Sign in to follow this  
gorlosky

FSX will not load to D drive

I just freed up space on D: drive and uninstalled FSX from C:. I also used Revo Uninstaller to help clean out any left over registry files. I want to install on D: drive. I select D: at the the start of the installation and the Microsoft Flight Simulator X folder gets created along with the first folder of Fonts (happens right after C++ 2005 Redistributable installs). THEN the install jumps back to C: and starts creating all the normal folders and starts to populate them.Is there something left over from the first install thats messing things up ?

I just freed up space on D: drive and uninstalled FSX from C:. I also used Revo Uninstaller to help clean out any left over registry files. I want to install on D: drive. I select D: at the the start of the installation and the Microsoft Flight Simulator X folder gets created along with the first folder of Fonts (happens right after C++ 2005 Redistributable installs). THEN the install jumps back to C: and starts creating all the normal folders and starts to populate them.Is there something left over from the first install thats messing things up ?
Could well be... I installed FSX on my G: drive and it never had a problem with that. BTW, you can just move the entire FSX folder from the C: drive to the D: drive.After that, run the Flight1 registry fix routine for good measure.Your add-ons may protest, but FSX itself should run just fine in the new location.

Bert

Guest fuqiraq

you also need to create a folder and name it say, fsx. you cant install it to the root of the drive. Just moving will not work. you can use acronis to move or copy a partiion with fsx and it will work. after you move it just change the drive letter within acronis and it will syc with the os. it also works with addons

Interesting because I'm considering moving FSX and the addons to my partitioned D drive as I've run out of space on C.Has anyone else installed FSX and the addons to D without any trouble?I'm just trying to determine if the op's is an isolated case.

Interesting because I'm considering moving FSX and the addons to my partitioned D drive as I've run out of space on C.Has anyone else installed FSX and the addons to D without any trouble?I'm just trying to determine if the op's is an isolated case.
I installed FSX on my G: drive, no issue.But as a test, copy the entire FSX folder from C: to D:Rename the FSX folder on C:And start it up from D: by double clicking fsx.exe on that drive

Bert

I installed FSX on my G: drive, no issue.But as a test, copy the entire FSX folder from C: to D:Rename the FSX folder on C:And start it up from D: by double clicking fsx.exe on that drive
Thanks Bert! I'll give it a try.

When installing to a "custom location," always enter the drive letter and the folder name you want to use:G:\FSX-or-E:\Flight Simulator X-or-whatever floats your boat. I personally prefer the simpler, shorter pathname myself! :(

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator