Sign in to follow this  
ESzczesniak

My Traffic X 5.2b vs. WOAI

I'm looking to potentially upgrade my traffic experience. I had been using WOAI for quite some time (still am at the moment), first in FS2004 and then in FSX. The models are good and the performance is pretty reasonable. However, I have been enticed by some who have commented on some payware traffic being easier on performance. I tried Ultimate Traffic 2 after reading some positive reviews. It wasn't terrible performance wise, but wasn't any better than WOAI. I also found the airports very deserted. Not more than a dozen aircraft at peak hours at O'Hare and similar airports. With performance that was at best equal to WOAI (and I think worse actually) and with far lower traffic levels, I was very dissatisfied. I did try giving it a chance trying different performance and AI livery display options to maximize traffic and performance, but none of it helped. Given my experience I have asked for a refund on that one.Now I'm hesitant to think about My Traffic X 5.2b, but I have read good things about it performance wise. Right now I'm using WOAI with the major US carriers (FedEx, UPS, UAL, AAL, COA, USA, Delta and BAW and DLH from across the pond) set to about 25%. I certainly get more traffic than UT2, with mayber 25-30ish aircraft on the ground at a major hub. The performance hit isn't terrible for AI, but as best I can tell I am loosing 6-7 fps with this AI. I lock my FPS at 20, but if I take that off I can be around 22-23 fps without AI and down to 14 fps with AI (this is on the ground at complex FSDT airports in PMDG or similar level aircraft...so overall I'm reasonably pleased).So for anyone who has experience with My Traffic X 5.2b, what have your experiences been? If you have ever used WOAI, which performs better? Viewing the screenshots, it appears WOAI may be a bit ahead on teh visual (for the major models at least), but if I could get more traffic and/or better performance I'd inclined to switch. I know this has been discussed indirectly (i.e., not directly comparing to WOAI), but I wanted to get fresh opinions since those discussions led me to buy UT2...which I was very unhappy with.

Eric Szczesniak

I know your seem disgusted with UT2 at the moment, but have you tried it since the latest service pack came out? The reason I ask is when it was first released I wasn't too happy with it either, however for me its a whole new ball game after the update. No more pauses for injection, more traffic, better performance since they updated some models.Funny you should mention KORD, because about a week or so ago I posted some screens of KORD using the FSDT version and I had a load of AI on the ground and in the air around KORD using UT2 and it wasn't even at peak time. I think if I remember right there was around 82 a/c between what was on the ground and in the air around the airport, basically 90% of gates had a/c parked at them. I have also flown aroung there and other major hubs at peak and off peak times and usually have very few empty gates.Truely I am not sure why a few have reported small amouts of AI with UT2. Have you ever posted in the UT2 forums and tried to get help? BTW, i'm not here trying to talk you into keeping it and could careless what someone else uses for AI, but am merely trying to offer the suggestion of trying the latest SP that was released a few weeks ago or gaining some support from the folks at Flight1 since yours seems to not be working right. I was also a user of WOAI from the time I had FSX installed but there is no way I would go back to it now since UT2 is working so well for me.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

MTX 5.2b pro - at least on my computer I can run airports with 100% traffic and every single place taken. Regarding framerates, the program is a miracle, IMHO. Usually, I have my traffic set to 80%, and I am using a mix between MTX and FS Live Traffic 3, they work together in perfect harmony (well, nearly).I had WOAI installed, and framerates were worse with less traffic. So: yes, I recommend MTX. For me, it's the best out there.

If you are using UT2 and are not seeing alot of traffic here are the most common causes:1) UT2 uses a real life schedule. This means if your airport of choice in real life is slow at a certain time then most likely it will show little in FSX2) Turn off the FPS setting in UT2. THis way traffic will never be removed due to FPS in FSX3) This is most important, make sure you have a updated AFCAD installed that will allow all the traffic to show. CYVR is a good example as the default only has 1 heavy gate. With a updated AFCAD many more heavies will be allowed to park thus UT2 will allow then to show.

Jim Wenham

If you are using UT2 and are not seeing alot of traffic here are the most common causes:1) UT2 uses a real life schedule. This means if your airport of choice in real life is slow at a certain time then most likely it will show little in FSX2) Turn off the FPS setting in UT2. THis way traffic will never be removed due to FPS in FSX3) This is most important, make sure you have a updated AFCAD installed that will allow all the traffic to show. CYVR is a good example as the default only has 1 heavy gate. With a updated AFCAD many more heavies will be allowed to park thus UT2 will allow then to show.
I hadn't gone in to details, but as I stated I tried several options. I basically stayed at major hubs (ORD, LAX, JFK) between 11:00 AM and 2:00 PM local time which was supposed to be maximum traffic per the UT2 schedule. I initially had the FPS setting engaged, but removed that when I was finding very little traffic. I also made sure to check to option to use their generic paint (I forget the exact name) for scheduled flights that didn't have a paint. I made sure the option to use the jetways was unchecked and I verified that I had the latest edition with SP1 installed. And I tried this at a combination of default airports (LAX, SFO) and FSDT airports (ORD and JFK), all of which I have downloaded custom updated AFCADs for some reason or another. I feel like I truly gave it every chance I reasonably could.

Eric Szczesniak

I tried Ultimate Traffic 2 after reading some positive reviews. I also found the airports very deserted. Not more than a dozen aircraft at peak hours at O'Hare and similar airports. I did try giving it a chance trying different performance and AI livery display options to maximize traffic and performance, but none of it helped. Given my experience I have asked for a refund on that one.Now I'm hesitant to think about My Traffic X 5.2b, but I have read good things about it performance wise.
Well, ESzczesniak, I had exactly the same experience as you. I spent a weeks trying everything suggested, including reinstalling SimConnect, and could get no more than one or two GA aircraft at any airport, with minimal airliners at the majors. I returned it very reluctantly - I have a number of Flight1 addons and this is only my second (third?) return in probably six years. I took the plunge with MyTrafficX 5.2b and have never been so happy. I can fly the A2A Spit over Seattle at 30fps (thanks to other recent BufferPools posts here) with fifty-plus aircraft at SEA including a goodly number of GA. Likewise with KBFI and Renton. 100% GA and airline will give too many aircraft, so I can wind it back to 40 or 50% - (normal) and still be happy as a sandfly! MyTrafficX 5.2b is now "right up there" with UT_USA, GEX, FS Genesis, RC4, FSBUILD, REX, ASA, AccuSim and FS Passengers.

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

Thanks guys for the replies. I haven't gone and made the plunge yet, but I suspect that I'll give this one a try.

Eric Szczesniak

ESzczesniak that's too bad it's not working right. Just to see, I fired up FSX at FSDT KORD at Tue 1:00 pm. Upon all the traffic loading I only had about 10 gates with no traffic parked, so something must be wrong with yours.What did developement team,Tom Main or Tom Murdock say over on their forum? Did you speak to them? They could probably have you post a log file and figure out whats going on. If you haven't talked to them i'm not so sure I would give up without talking to the guys who know the program inside and out, especially if your return period has expired. Not to say that they would do this for you, but one of them actually got on the phone and called me one evening when I was having a problem and we got it sorted out.Good luck with whatever you do. Hope you something that works well for ya.

I also have MTX 5.2b and highly recommend it, Burkhard does a great job of supporting his product on the simflight forum dedicated to MTX.Rod

I hadn't gone in to details, but as I stated I tried several options. I basically stayed at major hubs (ORD, LAX, JFK) between 11:00 AM and 2:00 PM local time which was supposed to be maximum traffic per the UT2 schedule. I initially had the FPS setting engaged, but removed that when I was finding very little traffic. I also made sure to check to option to use their generic paint (I forget the exact name) for scheduled flights that didn't have a paint. I made sure the option to use the jetways was unchecked and I verified that I had the latest edition with SP1 installed. And I tried this at a combination of default airports (LAX, SFO) and FSDT airports (ORD and JFK), all of which I have downloaded custom updated AFCADs for some reason or another. I feel like I truly gave it every chance I reasonably could.
KATL using UT2katl_ut2.jpg

Jim Wenham

I don't doubt you guys who are using UT2 with great sucess. Bottom line though is it doesn't work for me. I'm not the only one that has low traffic levels either, as if you look throughout the forums there's a small handful of people who just don't seem to have the same levels of traffic. No real idea why though.

Eric Szczesniak

If you try My Traffic 5.2b, post the result here, I'm interested too.But test at same airport, same time, same FS settings.I was using WOAIUlisses

No real idea why though.
That's why I asked you above if you talked to either Tom Main or Tom Murdock who are the fellows that developed UT2? Why not contact them over on their forum and have them help you get it sorted?

I have been using WOAI, but got 'talked' (via posts recommending this product for A.I.) into trying MYTRAFFIC 5.2B Pro.Am downloading it right now....I'll give an impression when I install it later on this morning. I'm really enjoying FSX now, with REX2, and prior add-ons, .... and applying the BUFF=0 tweak. I had really sparse FSX WOAI coverage, unlike gads of flights in my WOAI FS9 install. I read the promo material MYTRAFFIC) and it sounds like what I am interested in. For 33 EUROS...I sure hope that I am not disappointed, that's for sure! I enjoy sometimes just sipping a coffee and heading over to FS9's KLAX (Los Angeles International) and position myself x/y on the beach and watch the flights come and go. I hope that for FSX as well as interacting with the A.I. in my flight operations.So here's hoping for a very positive and satisfying experience, so as to come back later and recommend....Mitch

I have been using WOAI, but got 'talked' (via posts recommending this product for A.I.) into trying MYTRAFFIC 5.2B Pro.Am downloading it right now....I'll give an impression when I install it later on this morning. I'm really enjoying FSX now, with REX2, and prior add-ons, .... and applying the BUFF=0 tweak. I had really sparse FSX WOAI coverage, unlike gads of flights in my WOAI FS9 install. I read the promo material MYTRAFFIC) and it sounds like what I am interested in. For 33 EUROS...I sure hope that I am not disappointed, that's for sure! I enjoy sometimes just sipping a coffee and heading over to FS9's KLAX (Los Angeles International) and position myself x/y on the beach and watch the flights come and go. I hope that for FSX as well as interacting with the A.I. in my flight operations.So here's hoping for a very positive and satisfying experience, so as to come back later and recommend....Mitch
Hello MitchOne thing you will get with MYtraffic 5.2b is terrific support from the developer over at http://forums.simflight.com/viewforum.php?f=4The best reason to get 5.2b instead of Mytraffic 2010 is that you will be dealing directly with Burkhard Renk instead of aerosoft.Along with more aircraft models the version from Burkhard will be constantly updated as well.