Sign in to follow this  
ESzczesniak

My Traffic X 5.2b vs. WOAI

I did end up getting MyTrafficX yesterday (5.2b from SimMarket) and can say that it seems to be exactly what it's advertised as. Overall, I'm happy (but do realize this is after 1 flight).The Good:1. It is definitely easier on performance than WOAI with lower traffic levels. At the gate in the Leonardo MD-80 with all systems off in the VC at FlyTampa KBOS I was getting around 13 fps (all sliders to the right except traffic and ENB Bloom instead of FSX) with WOAI. This was set around 15% with the fairly major packages installed for such an airport (AAL, UAL, Delta, JBU, Southwest, COA, USA, DLH, BAW, FedEx, UPS...I thnk that's it). At these settings maybe 15% of the gates were filled at primetime. With MyTrafficX I have my traffic settings up to 45-50% which fills 75-80% of the gates at prime time and in the same conidtions get 15 to maybe 16 fps. Note that the VC seems hard ont he system for this aircraft. If I switch to 2D, the FPS never moves from 20 where I have my FPS locked.2. Quite a bit more traffic variety. You could probably get the same group of traffic with WOAI, but you'd have to download a ton of packages. Some of the bigger names like AirTran would add a lot with just a little, but you can see all over the airport there are little cargo carriers and the like here and there. I haven't even headed to GA or military fields yet.The Bad:1. The models are not as pretty as WOAI (at least for common airliners, some of the lesser used aircraft are pretty bad in WOAI and on those they're equal). I think it primarily is with the paints actually. To be honest, >90% of airlines don't look bad at all, particularly when your parked at the gate and they're at least a couple hundred simulated feet from you. There are two places I notice it. First is when I am taxiing up behind another aircraft in que for the runway (where you get pretty close to the aircraft). Second is the coloring of a couple airlines. The worst is on AAL natural metal finishes--overall the aircraft seem fine to me, but these are a bit "ehh". Overall the colors just seemed slightly washed out as well like the green on the AirTran tails and the FedEx purple. Like I said though, >90% really don't look bad.

Eric Szczesniak

Hello MitchOne thing you will get with MYtraffic 5.2b is terrific support from the developer over at http://forums.simflight.com/viewforum.php?f=4The best reason to get 5.2b instead of Mytraffic 2010 is that you will be dealing directly with Burkhard Renk instead of aerosoft.Along with more aircraft models the version from Burkhard will be constantly updated as well.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Mad Dog, I just removed my entire post, as I need much more time using the program before I give a review or extended comment. I like it very much, and it has indeed done what I had hoped for. In reading the manual further, there are many suggestions and options to reclaim FPS performance. For one thing, like 16 percent after having installed My Traffic on the TRAFFIC slider is equal to a pre-install 100 percent. That alone made me rush back here to remove my initial comments. The manual must be read right through.....Mitch

I've been using MyTraffic 5.2b for the last month or so with my i7-920@4Ghz with a 1GB GTX285 card and have settled on a 30% density for both the airlines and GA traffic. I have the FSX scenery settings cranked right up to the maximum (autogen and airport details) with road traffic at 10%. I found that having the AI traffic up to even 50% brings my fps down to the low teens at the busier airports. With my current density settings, I usually get around 18-22 fps at airports like KLAX or KDTW and then around 24-26 fps at smaller airports like KFLL.The reason I got MyTraffic 5.2b was my good experience with the previous package for FS2004 and the fact it includes airlines, military and GA traffic.Mitch, I did use the communicator software to install the lower polygon count and lower animations planes and did notice a good 20-25% jump in frame rates at busy airports. But I didn't like the look of the planes with the less quality graphics so I reinstalled the standard quality and animation planes (the default).

I've been using MyTraffic 5.2b for the last month or so with my i7-920@4Ghz with a 1GB GTX285 card and have settled on a 30% density for both the airlines and GA traffic. I have the FSX scenery settings cranked right up to the maximum (autogen and airport details) with road traffic at 10%. I found that having the AI traffic up to even 50% brings my fps down to the low teens at the busier airports. With my current density settings, I usually get around 18-22 fps at airports like KLAX or KDTW and then around 24-26 fps at smaller airports like KFLL.The reason I got MyTraffic 5.2b was my good experience with the previous package for FS2004 and the fact it includes airlines, military and GA traffic.Mitch, I did use the communicator software to install the lower polygon count and lower animations planes and did notice a good 20-25% jump in frame rates at busy airports. But I didn't like the look of the planes with the less quality graphics so I reinstalled the standard quality and animation planes (the default).
------------------------------------------------Hi Wally,I was very much surprised and elated when I saw that planes at the gate had their jet ways engaged. Beautiful! Wally, I like what I see, and have no complaints. I only need to read, adjust and reclaim my FPS to where I wish them to be. Now...back to FSX to explore military bases and such. :)POST EDIT: OK...I'm SOLD! I'm sitting just off the runway at TOP GUN, outside San Diego...and watching the U.S.'s Best-of-the-Best taking off....BEAUTIFUL! Just...beautiful! That was always a dead airport, devoid of life. Not....NOW>>>>>>>>>>>> :) Oh no...not at the 100 percent setting...LOL! I think that I just saw Tom Cruise.....;)MitchMitch

------------------------------------------------I think that I just saw Tom Cruise.....;)Mitch
Oh No! Now Tom will want cameo royalties from Burkhard! :(

Well I got the MyTraffic2010, but I was not too crazy about it because1. Some of the models look horrible e.g. Dash 8s, ATRs 2. The models didn't appear to have gear doors3. FSX now takes about 5 minutes to load to the Menu screenGranted I have not read the manual entirely as yet, If I can change some of the aircraft models that may help

KROSWYND    a.k.a KILO_WHISKEY
Majestic Software Development/Support
Banner_MJC8.png

Sys 1:  AMD 7950X3D, NOCTUA D15S, Gigabyte Elite B650, MSI 4090, 64Gb Ram, Corsair 850 Power Supply, 2x2TB M.2 Samsung 980s, 1x4TB WDD M.2, 6xNoctua 120mm case fans, LG C2 55" OLED running at 120Hz for the monitor, Win11. Sys 2:  i7 8700k, MSI GAMING MBoard, 32Gigs RAM, MSI 4070Ti & EVGA 1080Ti. Hardware:  Brunner CLS-E-NG Yoke, Fulcrum One yoke, TM TPR Rudder Pedals, Yoko TQ6+ NEO, StreamDeck, Tobii Eye Tracker, Virpil VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Base with a TM grip
SIMULATORS: MSFS2020/XP12/P3D v5.4 & v6:  YouTube Videos

Well I got the MyTraffic2010, but I was not too crazy about it because1. Some of the models look horrible e.g. Dash 8s, ATRs 2. The models didn't appear to have gear doors3. FSX now takes about 5 minutes to load to the Menu screenGranted I have not read the manual entirely as yet, If I can change some of the aircraft models that may help
2. They do have gear doors, but one of the first things to go as the LOD reduces (the model gets more distant from you). A trade off between performance and visual quality. I don't know the Aerosoft version so well, but in the SimMarket version there you may choose between higher performance and higher quality models.3. This is a function of the number of models (specifically aircraft folders) provided by the product, so all AI packages will exhibit this behaviour to some extent

My Traffic 5.2b has the official 'Mitch'er stamp of approval'. Like anybody needed it, ROTFLMBO!Seriously, it's a great program on the 'immersion level' of REX2, for what they do respectively.When I first installed it yesterday morning, and had NOT read the manual or other literature, but wanted to see what it brought to the table..er...airport, what it brought was 8-11 FPS on an i7-975/GTX285 rig.Not the fault of the program.It was the excitement of the User that caused that to happen, lol.So...I shut FSX down, grabbed a coffee, READ WHAT THERE WAS TO READ---made the adjustments, and am happy to report that I have the HIGH POLYGON-FULL ANIMATION plane set up and running, with COMMERCIAL TRAFFIC set to 40 percent, and G.A. TRAFFIC set to 20 percent. With these settings FSX is alive with A.I. at every airport I thought to visit.All this now at 24-30 (top end locked by the FPS Limiter software) FPS. Most excellent, and usable. I really appreciate now having A.I. at secondary fields as that makes it all so more realistic for when you decide to land there. No more hundreds of airports below you like ghost towns. All in all, a worthy purchase, money not wasted, and my enjoyment level has been cranked up another few FSX notches!Yes...I absolutely recommend this product for A.I. simulation---BUT, READ THE MANUAL THROUGHLY, and you will see decent FPS for the A.I. payout.POST EDIT: One of the side-effects of now having MY Traffic installed, is that I can no longer use the BufferPools=0 entry. With it, I get bad artifacts that require an FSX shutdown and restart. Perhaps with this addition, it just overloaded the card?!? Without that tweak, everything runs fine, but I do now have the here-and-there micro-stutter. Bummer....Cheers!Mitch

HelloGlad you are enjoying Mytraffic Mitch.I find that turning of the jetway animation is the biggest gain in Fps if you can live without this animation it really smooths things outespecially in areas that have a large number of airports.If you really want to give your wallet a workout then combine Mytraffix X with an FSlive traffic subscription.http://www.airnavsystems.com/FS/index.html

HelloGlad you are enjoying Mytraffic Mitch.I find that turning of the jetway animation is the biggest gain in Fps if you can live without this animation it really smooths things outespecially in areas that have a large number of airports.If you really want to give your wallet a workout then combine Mytraffix X with an FSlive traffic subscription.http://www.airnavsystems.com/FS/index.html
Mr Mad,I found out that by going back to nVidia Driver Suite 195.62 allowed me to have the BUff=0 entry back. No corruption as was noted with the 196.34's. I have to let the wallet cool off, before my wife picks it up and finds out how hot it has become with hobby-use...LOL! She is absolutely great with all of this...BUT, like any woman...they have their limits on their guy's ah..er...hobby fun...lol. Yes, I'm really enjoying hopping from one air field to another...and LOOK----------> Planes parked, starting to taxi...or just taking off. Simply splendid it is...:) This product sure made FSX's fields come alive! POST EDIT: In going back to the above driver suite, I picked back up about 7 FPS. It is very stable.Mitch

This is true with any AI package, including default. (UT2 also has that option to disengage Jetways). This is because all of the jetways engage at once for all aircraft in the loaded region. Default is 120m radius. UT2 max is 50 m injection radius, and I'm not sure about MTX! Not just the airport you are flying from. New York is the worse, as all the Jetways from KLGA, KJFK, KEWR and the regional airports engage at once. This will lower performance at least in half, but after a few minites after they are engaged, it will go back up. The problem is as you fly into new regions, the whole process starts all over. This was one of the biggest reasons people complained about FSX performance right out of the gate, because the default was for the jetways to be active, with no way through the GUI to turn it off. You had to do that in ech aircraft.cfg file. Luckily most 3rd party AI aircraft, defaulted with them off, being mostly FS9 models, until recently.

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

Mr Mad,I found out that by going back to nVidia Driver Suite 195.62 allowed me to have the BUff=0 entry back. No corruption as was noted with the 196.34's. I have to let the wallet cool off, before my wife picks it up and finds out how hot it has become with hobby-use...LOL! She is absolutely great with all of this...BUT, like any woman...they have their limits on their guy's ah..er...hobby fun...lol. Yes, I'm really enjoying hopping from one air field to another...and LOOK----------> Planes parked, starting to taxi...or just taking off. Simply splendid it is...:) This product sure made FSX's fields come alive! POST EDIT: In going back to the above driver suite, I picked back up about 7 FPS. It is very stable.Mitch
Hello MitchDon't forget that you get the final FS9 version 4.1 for free with MYtraffic X

Hello MitchDon't forget that you get the final FS9 version 4.1 for free with MYtraffic X
---------------------------------------------------How do you go about getting that?!? Would like to have it.Also, you were very right...I used the HIGH QUALITY, but with less ANIMATION setting, and all my FPS (28-30 FPS solid) have been restored. The airports are something to behold now. I'm running COMMERCIAL TRAFFIC at 50 and G.A. TRAFFIC at 25, with no frame loss over having used a minimal install of WOAI. I am really enjoying the military traffic around me, either American or Canadian. Both are present in the air and on the ground.FSX just keeps getting better....and my wallet gets lighter....:(Mitch

---------------------------------------------------How do you go about getting that?!? Would like to have it.Also, you were very right...I used the HIGH QUALITY, but with less ANIMATION setting, and all my FPS (28-30 FPS solid) have been restored. The airports are something to behold now. I'm running COMMERCIAL TRAFFIC at 50 and G.A. TRAFFIC at 25, with no frame loss over having used a minimal install of WOAI. I am really enjoying the military traffic around me, either American or Canadian. Both are present in the air and on the ground.FSX just keeps getting better....and my wallet gets lighter....:(Mitch
HelloTry also selecting the DX10 schedules as all the models are then true FSX modelsIf you bought from Simmarket the D/L link will be in your account along with the FSX versionIf not then contact Burkhard via the support forum or his support address and he will probably give you a link to the D/LSee the topic End of sales of MyTraffic Version 4.1 for FS9 http://forums.simflight.com/viewforum.php?f=4

HelloTry also selecting the DX10 schedules as all the models are then true FSX modelsIf you bought from Simmarket the D/L link will be in your account along with the FSX versionIf not then contact Burkhard via the support forum or his support address and he will probably give you a link to the D/LSee the topic End of sales of MyTraffic Version 4.1 for FS9 http://forums.simflight.com/viewforum.php?f=4
------------------------------------------------------Hello Mad Dog,I'm just about to try the DX10 Models and I had to PM Mr. Burkhard to request the download link, as SimMarket does not have a link for 4.1 for FS9 with their FSX download. It says to contact the developer for such. Like I stated above, sure glad that I purchased. A nice addition to FSX to round things out.... Using FULL RESOLUTION with LESS ANIMATIONS was the ticket to bring back all my FPS's to what WOAI with FAR LESS aircraft and airports was giving me.Mitch
This is true with any AI package, including default. (UT2 also has that option to disengage Jetways). This is because all of the jetways engage at once for all aircraft in the loaded region. Default is 120m radius. UT2 max is 50 m injection radius, and I'm not sure about MTX! Not just the airport you are flying from. New York is the worse, as all the Jetways from KLGA, KJFK, KEWR and the regional airports engage at once. This will lower performance at least in half, but after a few minites after they are engaged, it will go back up. The problem is as you fly into new regions, the whole process starts all over. This was one of the biggest reasons people complained about FSX performance right out of the gate, because the default was for the jetways to be active, with no way through the GUI to turn it off. You had to do that in ech aircraft.cfg file. Luckily most 3rd party AI aircraft, defaulted with them off, being mostly FS9 models, until recently.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------I got back all my FPS's with having gone to My Traffic X 5.2b's Full Resolution with Less Animation setting. With full animation as default, my FPS tanked to 8-12 FPS at KDTW with 100 percent TRAFFIC.