Sign in to follow this  

Wow, this scenery is going to be sweet!

Guest sssummer

Check out the new photo scenery at http://www.megascenery.com/beforeafter.htmReminds me of Flight Unlimited 3. With the new weather engine in FS 9 and features combined with this scenery, So Cal is going to be Flight Sim heaven!

Whats it do to FRAME RATES though..........I hope not turn it into a slideshow.Regards

They have been at that awhile, looks really great, I only hope it includes autogen, kinda blah to be on final and no buildings or trees.There was a freeware scenery that was released a few months back for an airport in Japan, awesome satelite photo landscape similar to this, but once you got low enough you realized there where no buildings or trees.I got the HD space, bring it on! LOLRegards, Michaelhttp://mysite.verizon.net/res052cd/mybannercva1.jpgCalVirAir International VAwww.calvirair.comCougar Mountain Helicopters & Aviationwww.cgrmtnhelos.com

Best, Michael

KDFW

Still might be a tradeoff like the Boston scenery. But when in the mood, I really do like that type of scenery. I'll just have to switch back & forth, if that's the way it ends up.L.Adamson

Guest Joshieca

Its a nice idea, but as the above user suggests...there is no auto-gen...if you take a look at the pictures...there are no houses, trees, power lines, freeway signs, etc....great if you are at 20K ft., but if you fly low it will be as flat and as blurry as the worst default scenery. :(If they can get it work with the autogen, then I am a buyer...but I don't think that they will. [div align=center][link:www.jetdoc.com/STO/]Visit The Bookstore & Gift Shoppe][/b

>Its a nice idea, but as the above user suggests...there is no>auto-gen...if you take a look at the pictures...there are no>houses, trees, power lines, freeway signs, etc....great if you>are at 20K ft., but if you fly low it will be as flat and as>blurry as the worst default scenery. :(>>If they can get it work with the autogen, then I am a>buyer...but I don't think that they will. >It's like this FLYII third party photo-real pic ..... I've posted hundreds of times. Looks like "crap" at low altitudes, but sure fun to fly over sometimes!L.Adamson

I agree. It is a compromise. No autogen etc. Plus, trust me on this one ,as running the 38m mesh is a relatively large hit even on a high-end machine. The 5m stuff is really going to be frame killer especially if you want 60 AI aircraft on the ground and around the airport and 3d clouds. It is all about compromise. The hardware always is doing catch-up. Already the whiners are out in force. This stuff is evolutionary. Im running a 3ghz machine with 1gig ram and a 9800 and still have a hit when maxing the sliders. I have found some very comfortable settings. This is a wonderful sim and it will get better as the years progress. My only fear is that if the audience is not big enough they may go away.Please support the fight against pirated software.RegardsBobG