Sign in to follow this  
awralls

Speech Under WinXP

It seems to be an XP issue with the 'set' commands. I'm doing investigative work now and I think I have a handle on the issue.Why it affects XP only I'm not 100 percent sure.I hope to have it fixed soon so I can include it in SP1.Cheers,

The other thing that has never worked is arming any flight level above 200. For example 'Arm flight level 180' works fine. But any flight level beginning with 2 or 3 and ending in zero always truncates the zero. It also often converts it to a 'No' So 'Arm flight level 250' comes up in the green line as 'Arm flight level two five' 'No'. Now, I could understand this if I was having problems with the 'zero' in other commands but something like 'set heading 250' comes up fine. It just has this problem when using the arm flight level command.
same also for me...... :(

HelloOne thing that might help you guys is to install MS officeThe speechbar will then have an option to teach/learn separate phrases to the SAPI lexicon.Normally you are only able to Teach/learn the short stories in the speech setup screen.If you install Shoot v1.64 (freeware game to voice software) you will also inherit this ability to teach separate words.Other words can be problematical such as the numbers one and three so you would teach the engine your pronunciation of Wun , Tree ect.Shoot 1.6.4 will need dotnet 1.1 installed to run.I would also recommend running through the speech training exercises at least three times , thats all of them leave non out.It is beyond boring I know but it makes all the difference.A good headset makes a world of difference, I have bought a lot of them over the years from really cheap to expensivebut the best I have found for Mic quality, sound and comfort are Beyerdynamic DT 234 PRO's

HelloOne thing that might help you guys is to install MS officeThe speechbar will then have an option to teach/learn separate phrases to the SAPI lexicon.Normally you are only able to Teach/learn the short stories in the speech setup screen.If you install Shoot v1.64 (freeware game to voice software) you will also inherit this ability to teach separate words.Other words can be problematical such as the numbers one and three so you would teach the engine your pronunciation of Wun , Tree ect.Shoot 1.6.4 will need dotnet 1.1 installed to run.I would also recommend running through the speech training exercises at least three times , thats all of them leave non out.It is beyond boring I know but it makes all the difference.A good headset makes a world of difference, I have bought a lot of them over the years from really cheap to expensivebut the best I have found for Mic quality, sound and comfort are Beyerdynamic DT 234 PRO's
my speech recognition semms ok because when i make a dictation he understand correctly arm flight level 330... but in fs2crew when I try to command arm flight level 120....130....140.....it is all ok but when I try to command some kind of flight level above 220 for exemple arm flight level 330 he set flight level 33 or does nothing...I don't think is a speech recognition software or my pronunciation problem, because in this case why he understand arm flight level 130 and do not arm flight level 330? and why it works ( also with arm flight level 330) in dictation applications out of fs2crew? same problem I have for wilco 737 fs2crew please help us because your is a great application and I love it so much..... :(:(

The story is that, when using XP, but not Vista or Win7, the command "arm flight level XXX" does not work when trying to set altitudes above FL200.Why XP but not Vista/Win 7... that I'm trying to figure out. However, good news that I've figured out how to make SET ILS (Nav or Loc) on Nav 2 work in XP.Here's a video I made for James showing it working in my Win 7 machine.FL 300s and Set ILS on Nav 2 made with my iPhoneCheers,

The story is that, when using XP, but not Vista or Win7, the command "arm flight level XXX" does not work when trying to set altitudes above FL200.Why XP but not Vista/Win 7... that I'm trying to figure out. However, good news that I've figured out how to make SET ILS (Nav or Loc) on Nav 2 work in XP.Here's a video I made for James showing it working in my Win 7 machine.FL 300s and Set ILS on Nav 2 made with my iPhoneCheers,
ok sir, try to solve if you can...... I have a solution : if you say arm altitude 33 thousand it works perfect... but the problem is also for "set heading" in the maddog.P.S. the passage to W7 is difficult due to the fact thath I don't know if FS2004 and some addon work also in W7..... any info about?thanks

ok sir, try to solve if you can...... I have a solution : if you say arm altitude 33 thousand it works perfect... but the problem is also for "set heading" in the maddog.P.S. the passage to W7 is difficult due to the fact thath I don't know if FS2004 and some addon work also in W7..... any info about?thanks
I can't speak for every addon, but from my experience Win 7 64 has performed flawlessly.I know some will disagree with that.XP is around 10 years old now... Regardless, I'm still trying to tweak the "Arm flight level over FL300" command so you XP hold-outs can use this command.Ciao,

Update:After talking to the guy at Microsoft who works on SAPI (direct from the source :( ) I think we've figured out the issue.All I need to do is refactor the grammar file.Hopefully this will solve our XP's users issue with the "Arm Flight Level ____" command.Cheers,

Update:After talking to the guy at Microsoft who works on SAPI (direct from the source :( ) I think we've figured out the issue.All I need to do is refactor the grammar file.Hopefully this will solve our XP's users issue with the "Arm Flight Level ____" command.Cheers,
thank you sir,this is what I call professional assistance :(