Sign in to follow this  
Bryan Rosier

Baton Posting

In order to see the current progress clearly it is best to view in "Outline" mode . The following will ensure a nice clean forum to view :)1. Primary baton claimant replies to the main topic post . 2. Wingman claimant replies to the Primary baton post . 3. Primary baton releases by replying to their own Primary baton post . 4. Wingman releases by replying to their own Wingman post . The only exception is during a Wingman Baton Transfer . The Primary Baton holder releases baton to Wingman by replying to their Primary Baton post . The wingman releases the Baton by replying to the Primary baton post . Also remember to delete the "quote" before writing your post . Hopefully this will make for a nice clean Forum :)

TEAM AVSIM "Fly Anything" Member     BAW 1193

Boeing777_Banner_TechTeam.jpgBry_zps718b876b.png

I fully agree, though sometimes I click the wrong reply button.This will also help those that shall keep the Flight Tracking web site clean. Thanks in advance.ALLways click on the posts "Reply" button not the topics "Add Reply".Hope I remember that myself, when things get hot during the race.:-)

Jock Hartvig Andersen,

EKCH, EKAT

Jock, Bry's post was from 2010.. Back then we did have the option for an outline view.. Following your request for information and using the reply from Chase I too have not been able to find an "outline" view mode.. It would be nice.. Tested both in IE & Chrome. Simple instructions for now..- When you are the baton holder click on the very 1st page of the topic,, click "REPLY TO THIS TOPIC" to start the baton hold procedure.- Once the above has been posted use the "QUOTE" button to reply to the active baton post. This would be for both wingman posts and the successful :( baton holder release.

20AUG21_Avsim_Sig.png?dl=1  FS RTWR   SHRS F-111   JoinFS   Little Navmap 

I've looked all over the place and I'm satisfied that there is simply no longer any kind of an 'outline view' in this forum software. As such, I don't think we need to worry any more about which 'reply' button we click on.Unless something comes up between now and February 18th that enables or adds outline view.....

StoneC0ld_zps439869f4.png

Declared weather:  FSX: ASN / FS9: ASE

Howdi,There is a reason for replying to the original poster not the last poster - forgot what it was....There is a specific format to follow when making the actual post - IE like...I have the baton at knyy in the Alphasim Tigecat headed to kzuu.etc...I think that is abit lengthy - I got this from flightsim well I aint at flightsim anymore so I would prefer a different format:I have the BATON KNYY to KZUU in the Alphasim Tigercat.Having the to/from ICAO's so far apart is unreadable...ALSO put the to/from in the TITLE of the post.Maybe that has to be edited but I dont know if you can edit the title.Dont forget to post first and add the data right after... ! I remember these things !Blake

There is a reason for replying to the original poster not the last poster - forgot what it was....
Yeah. The old dcforum software was like this, and the previous forum software Avsim switched to after that had something much like it called "outline view".
Where posts+---were|  arranged+---something    ---like	   ----this

So, we would do the baton/wingman posts in that way so that we could take advantage of this so that the posts were easy to find and laid out in an easy-to-read manner. This new forum software does not have any kind of an outline view or anything like it. This is strictly in linear organization in posting order. So, since there's nothing we can do about it anyway, there's no longer any real reason to worry about which reply button we click on.

StoneC0ld_zps439869f4.png

Declared weather:  FSX: ASN / FS9: ASE