Sign in to follow this  
FLEX1978

A ruined evening...

Ok it's not the end of the world but... I don't get to use FS much anymore, girlfriend was out tonight so had the rare chance to relax with a few beers and get a few hours in the MD11. What happened was the most chaotic sim experience I have had since I started simming.Flightplan was FAJS - HUEN on Vatsim. After spending a good hour in preflight I got my clearance to line up on 03L and advanced the thrust levers the same as hundred times before.After rotation I selected gear up and noticed all gear lights except the center gear were red, I cycled the gear a few times and then checked the Hydraulic page which was normal, looked outside and the gear was full down. So I'm thinking to myself I cant fly this thing for 4 hours to HUEN with the gear down, I ask ATC for a fix so I can hold and troubleshoot and he kindly vectors me to a VOR 15 miles from Johannesburg. Ten minutes later in the hold I decide that the gear is screwed I need to return to FAJS after dumping fuel, FMC says 11 minutes to dump to GW 490 but after 8 minuites I get a dump valve disagree and I cant get the GW any lower. By this time I have had enough so I request he vectors me back to the ILS03Despite pushing the gear horn warning Betty is screaming at me 'Landing gear, Landing gear all the way down, I elect for a full Autoland and on the rollout reverse thrust will not engage, Autopilot comes off but I still have 'Rollout' on the FMA and the machine is steering all over the place (autopilot is off) I somehow manage to get off the runway apologize to the Controller and Disconnect. So I check the failure menu and everything is normal, this aircraft is flawless 99.9% of the time so I dont know what happened?? Rant over I'm off out for a drink.

Rob Prest

Don't drink and fly :(

Guenter Steiner
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Betatester for: A2A, LORBY, FSR-Pillow Tester
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Don't drink and fly :(
haha! yep your right, but I wish it was the beer, didn't even have a chance to get into cruise and drink a few :(

Rob Prest

I can't speak about the fuel dump system since I have very limited knowledge of it, but just curious if you were running FSPassengers during this whole event?Other than that, it sounds like you had a hiccup in windows or a memory dump. Possibly also a packet block issue with Vatsim? Not sure myself how that would work, meaning if you would even see what I mean, or if only info is sent to vatsim and not returned back.

i9 10920x @ 4.8 ~ MSI Creator x299 ~ 256 Gb 3600 G.Skill Trident Z Royal ~ EVGA RTX 3090ti ~ Sim drive = M.2  2-TB ~ OS drive = M.2 is 512-gb ~ 5 other Samsung Pro/Evo mix SSD's ~ EVGA 1600w ~ Win 10 Pro

Dan Prunier

I can't speak about the fuel dump system since I have very limited knowledge of it, but just curious if you were running FSPassengers during this whole event?Other than that, it sounds like you had a hiccup in windows or a memory dump. Possibly also a packet block issue with Vatsim? Not sure myself how that would work, meaning if you would even see what I mean, or if only info is sent to vatsim and not returned back.
Hi Dan,FSPassengers was running but I have always had failures switched off, guess I will have to put it down to one of those things..

Rob Prest

Did you happen to see a little gremlin out on the wing?

Dan Downs KCRP

Did you happen to see a little gremlin out on the wing?
Funny you should mention that Dan,,, While in passenger view the other night using DWF, I snapped this screenshot!tumblr_ktr94kibwj1qztxuuo1_500.jpg

i9 10920x @ 4.8 ~ MSI Creator x299 ~ 256 Gb 3600 G.Skill Trident Z Royal ~ EVGA RTX 3090ti ~ Sim drive = M.2  2-TB ~ OS drive = M.2 is 512-gb ~ 5 other Samsung Pro/Evo mix SSD's ~ EVGA 1600w ~ Win 10 Pro

Dan Prunier

Rob-I HAVE seen this before- and I'm having a tough time recalling what caused the problem- but it was something specific...I'm going to chat with the team and see if anyone else remembers...

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

I HAVE seen this before
You've seen that duck too? :( Phew, that's a relief, I thought I sniffed to much paint thinner as a child...(kidding of course ;-)

Dan Prunier

Thanks Robert, I should add the only thing that was out of the ordinary compared to all my other flights was I updated the Aircraft to the latest Nav database before loading the sim (it was about 4 months old). Don't see how that should make a difference but thought it was worth mentioning.Dan, love the pic! :(

Rob Prest

Funny you should mention that Dan,,, While in passenger view the other night using DWF, I snapped this screenshot!tumblr_ktr94kibwj1qztxuuo1_500.jpg
ha ha ha.... :( / Leffe