Sign in to follow this  
1st fltsimguy

Missing Half My LAX

I just completed a flight from KSEA to land at LAX, only to see it would appear half the airport buildings.I have attached a screen shot of my apt. The terminals on the right side have dissappeared, or is this a bug in FSX. I can't believe that would be so.I have a clean install on Win7 new computer at Christmas and UTX among others, but nothing that I would know of the might cause a conflict.If I am missing bgls then can someone please direct me to the CAB file or disk location so I can look to copy the files back to where they belong?Bryan WallisfltsimguyDuncan, BC

Bryan Wallis aka "fltsimguy"

Maple Bay, British Columbia

Near CAM3

Guest firehawk44

Doubt you lost FSX files. It could be UTX. Make sure it is located way down in your Scenery Library and your Scenery.cfg (the working one) is not corrupt with Areas/Layers mismatched. Try running the UTX config program and then exit and see if that fixes the issues. You can also disable UTX in the Scenery Library or through the config program and see if that fixes it and you'll know immediately whether it was UTX or not. If you have any addons in your Scenery Library, try disabling them and you'll know then it's one of the addons. You could also have an addon that has an AFCAD that was made back in the FS9 and earlier versions for LAX and that's causing the issue. AI addon programs have AFCADs made for their respective programs that change some of the airports so they will be compatible with the AI program. You cannot extract files off of the FSX disk. Your only option is to insert the disk and do a repair. Remember to reinstall SP1/SP2 (if applicable) or insert the Acceleration disk and do a repair there too.Best regards,Jim

Doubt you lost FSX files. It could be UTX. Make sure it is located way down in your Scenery Library and your Scenery.cfg (the working one) is not corrupt with Areas/Layers mismatched. Try running the UTX config program and then exit and see if that fixes the issues. You can also disable UTX in the Scenery Library or through the config program and see if that fixes it and you'll know immediately whether it was UTX or not. If you have any addons in your Scenery Library, try disabling them and you'll know then it's one of the addons. You could also have an addon that has an AFCAD that was made back in the FS9 and earlier versions for LAX and that's causing the issue. AI addon programs have AFCADs made for their respective programs that change some of the airports so they will be compatible with the AI program. You cannot extract files off of the FSX disk. Your only option is to insert the disk and do a repair. Remember to reinstall SP1/SP2 (if applicable) or insert the Acceleration disk and do a repair there too.Best regards,Jim
OK good points I will run through some tests by shutting off UTX and moving lower if necessary. I am not sure but does the repair affect other addons by restoring to the original state?
Did LAX ever display correctly that you know of on this PC?Rod
You know I don't know for sure because this was the first time I flew the california coast. But as my other reply says I'll do some checking first before getting into a repair.

Near CAM3

OK good points I will run through some tests by shutting off UTX and moving lower if necessary. I am not sure but does the repair affect other addons by restoring to the original state?You know I don't know for sure because this was the first time I flew the california coast. But as my other reply says I'll do some checking first before getting into a repair.
Well that was interesting....I started up FSX...at LAX....and everything was in its place. All buildings etc. While I am happy, I haven't a clue what actually happened to create the loss of 1/2 the airport buildings. Very peculiar.

Near CAM3

Guest firehawk44
Well that was interesting....I started up FSX...at LAX....and everything was in its place. All buildings etc. While I am happy, I haven't a clue what actually happened to create the loss of 1/2 the airport buildings. Very peculiar.
Glad you have LAX back. Sometimes you have to wait a while for the scenery at LAX to load and render. I don't know your system but you could have had a memory issue where you were beginning to run out of memory and the process of rendering was really slow. And, to answer your other question about whether repairing FSX will affect other addons, it shouldn't unless you have GEX, FEX, and other programs that replace the default textures. Those type of programs would have to be reinstalled. But, UTX and any other scenery will be okay as it won't modify your working scenery.cfg.Best regards,Jim

Glad you have LAX back. Sometimes you have to wait a while for the scenery at LAX to load and render. I don't know your system but you could have had a memory issue where you were beginning to run out of memory and the process of rendering was really slow. And, to answer your other question about whether repairing FSX will affect other addons, it shouldn't unless you have GEX, FEX, and other programs that replace the default textures. Those type of programs would have to be reinstalled. But, UTX and any other scenery will be okay as it won't modify your working scenery.cfg.Best regards,Jim
It would not be rendering. I do not have GEX nor FEX yet. I will just have to keep an eye out on the problem and see if it appears elsewhere or again.SystemGateway Quad Core i7 920 3+ ghz, 16 Gigs RAM, GTX 960 1.6 Gig Video Card.....my system just rocks.thanks again for offering support.

Near CAM3

Your system has a big flaw. i7 systems use triple channel memory and thus have to use 3 sticks at a time to use maximum memeory bandwith. So you should have multiples of 3gb ram such as 3,6,9,12,15 gb ram; not 16.

Your system has a big flaw. i7 systems use triple channel memory and thus have to use 3 sticks at a time to use maximum memeory bandwith. So you should have multiples of 3gb ram such as 3,6,9,12,15 gb ram; not 16.
And you are most write, my mistake a typo....should have been 12gigs of course

Near CAM3

When you are looking at this kind of problem, make sure your scenery slider is set to extremely dense, or that can trip you up.scott s..

When you are looking at this kind of problem, make sure your scenery slider is set to extremely dense, or that can trip you up.scott s..
Yes, good point, I am good in this regard, all sliders at max.

Near CAM3