Sign in to follow this  
thea330flyer

How do you modify fs9.exe with CFF explorer

how can i modify fs9.exe with cff explorer? so that i can make it use 2GB of RAM or something?
Here you go , and dont forget the boot.ini modification if you are on 32bit

What was the final word on this with regard to x64 systems? I never really paid much attention to it but have recently had my first few OOM's with W7 64.

What was the final word on this with regard to x64 systems? I never really paid much attention to it but have recently had my first few OOM's with W7 64.
Hello Under a 64bit OS the boot.ini modification is not needed but the FS9.exe still needs marking >2gb aware

Here you go , and dont forget the boot.ini modification if you are on 32bit
thanks mate, but how do i modify the boot.ini? im new to this kind of stuff.

Hello Under a 64bit OS the boot.ini modification is not needed but the FS9.exe still needs marking >2gb aware
Makes sense, thanks matey!

thanks mate, but how do i modify the boot.ini? im new to this kind of stuff.
Hellohave a read through this threadhttp://forums1.avsim.net/index.php?showtopic=275713The boot.ini is found in the root of your c:\ driveyou will need to have "hide protected operating system files" unchecked under My computer>tools>view to see the boot.ini

Guest jcthomas_9000

Hello,what are the benefits of doing is ?i'm interesred by this thread since i have 3GB of Ram installed on my Windows XPJc

Hello,what are the benefits of doing is ?i'm interesred by this thread since i have 3GB of Ram installed on my Windows XPJc
The amount of RAM installed has no bearing whatsoever on the VAS table. The mod involves telling the OS that the fs9.exe can handle >2GB of Virtual Address Space, and then setting the boot.ini file to allocate a specific size for all application's VAS tables when booting up the system.

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

please reupload the picture that you attach :Di need that, coz my fs9 is running OOM too after flying 2 hours approx :(i'm using W7 Ultimate x64