Sign in to follow this  
pete_auau

fmc help please

Hi was wondering what iam doing wrong, set my fmc correctly set my assigned alt to say 18000. ( due to its a short flight an hour) I than take off turn on lnav, than auto pilot after passing 400 feet, turn on vnav aicraft climbs to heading and climbs to the height restraints set in fmc, no troubles here yet. Apon reaching my assigned alt the aicraft just keeps climbing passing 23000 than i have to disengage vnav and set v/s to get back to 18000. Once at 18000 i turn the vnav back on again and than aicraft starts climbing again, than i have to turn off vnav and fly till the td descent point turn vnav back on and than aircraft behaves normal again decends as per fmc restraints set in the fmc. Iam flying the 747-8i freighter max weight with half fuel load.i havnt tried using the standard 747-400x yet which i will later on tonite to see if the same thing happens.

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

Hi was wondering what iam doing wrong, set my fmc correctly set my assigned alt to say 18000. ( due to its a short flight an hour) I than take off turn on lnav, than auto pilot after passing 400 feet, turn on vnav aicraft climbs to heading and climbs to the height restraints set in fmc, no troubles here yet. Apon reaching my assigned alt the aicraft just keeps climbing passing 23000 than i have to disengage vnav and set v/s to get back to 18000. Once at 18000 i turn the vnav back on again and than aicraft starts climbing again, than i have to turn off vnav and fly till the td descent point turn vnav back on and than aircraft behaves normal again decends as per fmc restraints set in the fmc. Iam flying the 747-8i freighter max weight with half fuel load.i havnt tried using the standard 747-400x yet which i will later on tonite to see if the same thing happens.
ok did the same flight in the md-11 with no problems in setting the fmc to the assigned alt of 18000, however same thing happened when i flew the standard 747-400x and the freighter version as mention above. The plane just kept climbing past the assigned alt even though i heard the warning alt horn saying i was with in 1000 ft of alt but kept on climbing at a rate of 2300 ft

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

Peter, look at the LEGS page and verify that the altitudes at the enroute fixes are 18000, and the MCP alt is 18000. A screen shot of her climbing through the program altitude might help.

Dan Downs KCRP

Peter, look at the LEGS page and verify that the altitudes at the enroute fixes are 18000, and the MCP alt is 18000. A screen shot of her climbing through the program altitude might help.
Hi yes all my enroute alt were set to 18000 till the td point, and the mcp alt was set to 18000. The strange thing was i got the flashing and audio warning when i was within the 1000 ft of the assigned alt. Did an longer version flight of 500 nm and set the alt to 32000 and the aircraft did level off at the assigned alt, so maybe it doesnt like short flights?. Although when i put in the crz alt of 32000 in the crz alt i than checked the leg pages and noticed the fmc had entered 36000 on the enroute legs till the td point? Will attepmt to get an screen shot on the short flight.

Peter kelberg

dont know if i got this right since havnt sent any pics in b4 so srry if broke some rules let me know ow to send correctly thx. sent two screen shots of last flight about climbing above assigned alt

Peter kelberg

looks like I mite have to uninstall and do a reinstall of the 747x, unless some one has any ideas. In the mean time I did a new flight , just now was going to be an 3 hour flight, from ybbn to ymm. Set my alt to 320 noticed that the fmc had set the crz alt to flt 390 in the legs pages. took off, set mcp to fl320 thinking the plane wud follow the fmc asigned alt. But it didnt kept on climbing thru. i than thought i enter fl 320 in the nav page in the crz option at fl 240 thinking it wud put the correct data in the legs pages. But noticed that instead the fmc had put fl 260 than 240 150 thinking it was in a descend mode but i hadnt made my assigned alt of 320 yet. this was in the first 30 mins of the flight. So iam thinking that the fmc is not talking to the mcp or visa versaI havnt had any trouble with this b4, this all happend after installing the 747-8i?

Peter kelberg

Ok think i solved my problem by accident or by luck i think, i forgot to mention b4 in my first thread that when i loaded the 747x being the 8i or normal 440x the aicraft loads up with engines running, and all the switches are off except for the the cut off switches, so i think this caused my problems. Anyway after trial and errors i loaded my md-11 once it loaded everything was on and running ok , than i changed to the 747 by selecting new aircraft in the option once the 747 loaded all engines were running and all switches were on, so proceeded to do the short flight again and yea everything worked fine.So i shut down fsx and loaded it up again selected the 747x to see what i get this time and yea everything back to normal all engines runing and all switches on did the flight again with no dramas. So guess the gremlins have left the tarmac? time for bed since been up all nite trying to figure this out lol

Peter kelberg

Wow, and we will never know what caused it. When I first got into computers (Heathkit H89) I saw a computer accessory in a Byte magazine I wish I had purchased: A foam rubber baseball bat.

Dan Downs KCRP

grrrrrrrrrr is back again the problem seems to be when evr it feels like it lol, so guess i have to start with a cessna first than load the 747x. means another 2 mins loading time lol no big deal but rather find out what causing my problem in the first place.

Peter kelberg

Need to see screenshots of what the panel and FMC look like when this problem happens - I'm betting you've got something set wrong...

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Need to see screenshots of what the panel and FMC look like when this problem happens - I'm betting you've got something set wrong...
Hi there i posted one screen shot in my earlier post but it doesnt happen all the time only random. Since just did a flight earlier, with no problems at all. I know when it happens when i load the 747x and if it loads with engines running and with all switches off, than the problem will occur. Will get a screen shot when it happens again when it loads up next time. The only way i can get no problem is to load another aircraft first than load the 747x, so i figure it must be in the loading of the 747x . been trying for the last 30 mins to reproduce fault but so far its been loading up fine grrrr but will get screen shot when it happens.

Peter kelberg

pk this what i gert when i load the 747x when i get he problems engines are running with nothing else set

Peter kelberg

cessna first than load the 747x. means another 2 mins loading time
Really? Your load time for textures must be slow. In FSX, I have the trike set as my default. If I am going to fly a PMDG aircraft saved flight then I start the default trike and then load the saved flight. If I am going to fly PMDG from free flight then I just go ahead without a preload. Also, if I am going to fly two flights (or reload a flight) I always restrart FSX. For some reason, FSX does not do sequential flights without unexpected problems. Hope this helps. I usually use a free flight start if I am just playing and start at the runway, or a saved flight if I want to start a a gate and go through the whole preflight, pushback and startup. I've never had an occurence of the problem you are describing.If you are having a problem loading a flight. Get rid of it, build an new one from a fresh free flight start. Don't use saved panels but create one yourself.

Dan Downs KCRP

I think your default flights must be screwed up or something. That absolutely is not the correct configuration the 747 should load in.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

I think your default flights must be screwed up or something. That absolutely is not the correct configuration the 747 should load in.
hi yea i gather that but as i said it doesnt happen all the time only random think it happens bout 1 in ten loads or there abouts. When it happens to fix it is to choose another aicraft and reload again. May shud do an uninstall of the 747x and install again?

Peter kelberg