Sign in to follow this  
Ioan92

Addon aircrafts have jaggy textures.

Guest firehawk44

I do not see any problems with those textures.Best regards,Jim

Ditto, looks good to me. You're always going to have a little bit of shimmer, especially with text, at that level out zoom. If you get in closer it should go away. Also horizontal lines will appear jagged in the same situations.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

I think i see some minor jaggy's but generally that's a very impressive resolution.The only thing I can think of is to look at your resolution and try a higher setting.

Bryan Wallis aka "fltsimguy"

Maple Bay, British Columbia

Near CAM3

I never had this issue in FS9. But I haso had a mip setting bar.I remember people saying that MipBias=6 fixes the issue but it really doesn't.

xxwAU.pngUzJYY.png

Guest UlfB

Sorry. No one seems to detect any issues in your pictures. Looks fine to me as well.Could you please draw some arrows on a picture to make it clear where you have problems with jaggies.Here is Nicks guide: http://www.simforums.com/forums/forum_posts.asp?TID=29041It's a very long post with a lot of very good information how to set up a system and FSX.

Yeah those pics look pretty normal to be also. I cant find any jagged lines on those shots.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

The only thing that can antialias textures is supersampling - if you have an Nvidia card, try using the 8XS mode in nHancer, it should clean most things up.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

The fact being, I'm using 8XS.Default planes have smooth textures, only my addons have jaggies.

xxwAU.pngUzJYY.png

The fact being, I'm using 8XS.Default planes have smooth textures, only my addons have jaggies.
That's because the default planes are mip mapped and a lot of addon a/c dont have mip mapped textures. In fact, I dont think any of my addon a/c have come shipped from the developer with mip mapped textures, except maybe the RealAir stuff, but I bought it so long ago that I cant remember if I had to add mip maps to it or not.Easy enough to fix and will only take you a second to fix.For a/c that have .bmp texture files you can add mip maps to them using a free program called DXTBmp.Or, if the a/c in question has textures files in the .dds format you can use another free program called DDS Converter 2 to add mip maps to the textures.Once you do this you should see no jagged lines and any a/c that you apply mip maps to. This also applies to addon sceneries that sometimes shimmer a bit that don't have mipped textures. You can also mip them using the same tools.You can usually tell just by looking at the file size of a texture to see if it has mip maps or not. A typical 1024x1024 texutre file that has no mip maps is usually 1,025KB in size, while the same sized texture file with mip maps is 1,366KB in size.Personally, I mip map all my addon a/c and scenery files that don't come from the developer with mip maped files. If you do a search here and on other flight sim forums you will size the topic of mip mapping discussed a lot and what the purpose of mip mapping is and what it does in relation to how texture files are displayed.Just make sure before you go mip mapping all your textures that you keep a backup of the textures your going to work on before you start, that way if you make a mistake you can revert to the older textures or start over. Becarefull when mipping specular.dds and BUMP.dds files. Many times you wont need to add mips to those. Just start of mipping the starndard and light mapped files, which are sometimes titled for example as F16_T.dds for the regular texture and F16_l.dds or F16_NIGHT.dds for the light map files.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

That's because the default planes are mip mapped and a lot of addon a/c dont have mip mapped textures. In fact, I dont think any of my addon a/c have come shipped from the developer with mip mapped textures, except maybe the RealAir stuff, but I bought it so long ago that I cant remember if I had to add mip maps to it or not.Easy enough to fix and will only take you a second to fix.For a/c that have .bmp texture files you can add mip maps to them using a free program called DXTBmp.Or, if the a/c in question has textures files in the .dds format you can use another free program called DDS Converter 2 to add mip maps to the textures.Once you do this you should see no jagged lines and any a/c that you apply mip maps to. This also applies to addon sceneries that sometimes shimmer a bit that don't have mipped textures. You can also mip them using the same tools.You can usually tell just by looking at the file size of a texture to see if it has mip maps or not. A typical 1024x1024 texutre file that has no mip maps is usually 1,025KB in size, while the same sized texture file with mip maps is 1,366KB in size.Personally, I mip map all my addon a/c and scenery files that don't come from the developer with mip maped files. If you do a search here and on other flight sim forums you will size the topic of mip mapping discussed a lot and what the purpose of mip mapping is and what it does in relation to how texture files are displayed.Just make sure before you go mip mapping all your textures that you keep a backup of the textures your going to work on before you start, that way if you make a mistake you can revert to the older textures or start over. Becarefull when mipping specular.dds and BUMP.dds files. Many times you wont need to add mips to those. Just start of mipping the starndard and light mapped files, which are sometimes titled for example as F16_T.dds for the regular texture and F16_l.dds or F16_NIGHT.dds for the light map files.
Hi, unfortunately I have more serious problems like than our friend. I would be happy with the image quality as shown above, those shots seem to be Ok for me.As described, I tried to add mipmaps to my aircraft textures and this did improve my FS, removing almost every jagged texture, but another problem came up: blurry textures. I tried for example to add mipmaps to the Posky 777 textures but (I cannot understand why) I received random blurry textures affecting ONLY one texture for the right fuselage and the left wing texture. Did you experience that problem with the Posky Triple7 or other addon? How did you fix that?Here some items before adding mipmap. Look at the coloured textures, they are not linear, not smooth, not crisp but distorted and jagged. The problem increase zooming out:Look at the lines disegned on the wings, they are like dashed lines:Adding Mipmap the quality increases a lot:But here the problem: Any help? Thanks. Bye.RR