Sign in to follow this  

ATC sound levels

Hi does anyone else have a hard time hearing ATC with airliners (jet engines) during flight? I have engine sounds get to 30% and ATC 100% and still have a hard time hearing them....they need to speak up.Bill

Asus Tuf Gaming Plus B550 - Asus Ryzen 9 5800X3D - Asus GeForce 4080 RTX OC Edition - 64GB DDR4 Ram 3600Mhz - EVGA 850W Power Supply - 2X 1 TB NVME PCIE gen 4 - Windows 10

Yes, I am having a very hard time hearing the ATC. I've turned all of the other volumes down and kept the ATC volume at 100% and it seems to be no different. I have a Turtle Beach Santa Cruz sound card and have downloaded the latest drivers so I don't know if the problem is card specific or not.JonDell Dimension 8100 P4 1.7 Gig512 Megs RamGeForce 3 64 meg vid card

Guest ssurjap

Just as a tip. If you can't hear them, you can always refer back. Just hit the CHECK button/icon (Kneeboard) and click on the HEADPHONES. This will give you the last few transmissions.

Thats true, I had to do that for most of my flight....Bill

Asus Tuf Gaming Plus B550 - Asus Ryzen 9 5800X3D - Asus GeForce 4080 RTX OC Edition - 64GB DDR4 Ram 3600Mhz - EVGA 850W Power Supply - 2X 1 TB NVME PCIE gen 4 - Windows 10

Same problem here. I've played around with all the sound sliders and still have a problem with ATC. I'm also using a Turtle Beach, so it may be the card. John Fitzpatrick

Well, as it turns out I did not have the lastest Turtle Beach drivers installed. :+ I downloaded the new drivers and the problem seems to be fixed as everything sounds fine now. So, if you have a Turtle Beach sound card you can go to http://www.turtlebeach.com/site/kb_ftp/585ftp.asp to get the new drivers (sc_4193.exe). They are unsigned so if you have Win XP you'll get a bunch of warnings but they seem to work ok for me.Jon